We are looking for a Data Modeller / Engineer to consult and support analysts in building their data models in a scalable, efficient manner.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We are looking for a Data Modeller / Engineer to join the team. You will focus on developing data models using industry best practices for analytic teams across the company. You will feel comfortable working with stakeholders, understanding their requirements and proposing technical data solutions that are useful, scalable and efficient
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with data analysts around the company to understand and translate their needs into data model designs
- Work with the Data Governance team to produce the essential governance artefacts (Data Dictionary, Data Catalogue, Business Glossary) and support their processes
- Create the designs for conceptual, logical and physical data models using industry best practices to ensure high data quality
- Develop best practices for analytic data modelling with other data actors and support their uptake by the analytics community
- Develop and review data models constructed in SQL, assessing their value, performance and design
- Work as part of an Agile team
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced in data modelling and architecture techniques (e.g. Kimball, Inmon etc)
- Experienced in abiding by and contributing to Data Governance best practices, including the creation of important artefacts, such as the Data Dictionary and Business Glossary
- History of learning and applying new techniques and technologies to solve our problems
- Managing stakeholders using clear communication
- Experienced in using modern cloud-based tools (GCP or Azure and DBT are preferable, but not required)
- Fluency in SQL and basic Python
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.