Paddle are looking for a smart, ambitious and autonomous specialist – ideally with SaaS or Payments experience to join them as their new Mid-Market Account Executive help them achieve their ambitious growth plans.
This is an exciting time for you to join: based on the size and breadth of their customers, they are growing like never before!
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Paddle alleviates this pain with its industrialised Revenue Delivery Platform that makes it easy for SaaS companies to respond faster and more precisely to every growth opportunity across acquisition, renewals and expansion.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
This is where you come in!
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and autonomous specialist – ideally with SaaS or Payments experience to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting time for you to join: based on the size and breadth of our customers, we are growing like never before!
Working within our Sales team, your core task will be to convert qualified leads into Paddle customers. You’ll work directly with companies ranging from small start-ups to enterprise businesses across the SaaS territory as they evaluate their e-commerce provider needs.
Your role is essential in helping us set, drive, and execute on our revenue goals and ultimately bring us closer to our vision of making Paddle the default solution for SaaS businesses.
What you'll do
- Build pipeline from leads armed by your Business Development Representative and Marketing counterparts, as well as your own self-sourced opportunities’
- Be responsible for the full sales cycle from prospecting, qualifying, carrying out demo’s through to closing deals
- Master Paddle’s product, know the features inside and out, understand the industry and be able to articulate Paddle’s value to CTO’s, Heads of Product and CEO’s alike.
- Work with management and across departments (Marketing, Product, Success, etc.) to determine the most effective approach for each sales opportunity.
- Identify flaws in both Paddle's and our competitors' product during the sales process, helping to inform our sales techniques and product roadmap.
- Learn and refine new sales skills with regular Account Executive sales training sessions and continuously learn and develop yourself as a thought leader in the industry.
- Mentor new Account Executives as they ramp and learn the process
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have 2+ years of closing experience in a software or SaaS business, managing multi-threaded sales processes and enterprise deals
- You have experience with consultative, value-based selling and a proven track record of exceeding your quota
- You have experience selling highly technical products/services
- You are great at liaising with prospective clients in person, over the phone and email.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude which thrives when solving complex challenges and you want to be part of an exceptionally fast-growing company
It'd be great if
- You have experience in the payments space or selling B2B SaaS.
- You have prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- You have experience selling to technical persons, (CTO, Head of Product, (Technical) Founders).
- You are familiar with eCommerce providers such as Stripe, Braintree, PayPal, Cleverbridge and subscription based services such as Chargebee, Zuora, Recurly.
- You are able to operate in an unstructured, self-starting environment.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 140 people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 3 months paid parental leaves regardless of gender. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.