Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? INSHUR could be the place for you!
They are looking for a Software Test Engineer, working on a platform which covers multiple territories, including the UK, USA and new European countries and US territories as they expand.
Reporting to our Senior Automation QA initially (and later to our Engineering Manager), you'll be joining a friendly team of 4 who believe in developing high quality and scalable solutions.
What You'll Do
As our Senior Test Engineer you will be joining our expanding test team. You will be working with key stakeholders and encouraged to promote testing as an activity that occurs at all levels of the department process. You will be an integral part of an agile scrum team and will be expected to design tests through models, techniques and other specialised skills and knowledge.
The below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role. However, our hiring process is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed above.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have had plenty of exploratory testing experience in web-based products, the API level and mobile
- Have a good grasp of Python and experience of writing automated tests and scripting to assist with testing
- Have experience with using UI and API testing tools such as Selenium, pytest, robot framework and requests
- Understand how automation fits into testing and the development cycle and how it can assist with overall testing efforts
- Are passionate about quality and software testings and keen to learn and enhance your skills
- Understand the value of building relationships with developers and stakeholders to reach a common understanding and engagement about quality and software testing
Your colleagues say you are:
- An advocate of quality and have a “Build Quality” in attitude
- More focused on prevention of software bugs over finding them
- A true champion for software testing, always keen to learn and educate others
- Someone who is always happy to helps, adding value to projects
Things we’ve been working on recently (and you’ll likely be working on too):
- Building large scale test automation frameworks in a cloud based environment
- Developing test tools to assist with overall testing efforts
- Defining a company wide test strategy
- Defining a company wide test strategy which includes testers being involved in many areas of the development cycle
What We Offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive. Our working environment is a hybrid of remote and office-based operation and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
Our budget for this role is £45,000 to £55,000 and we will take into account your previous experience and location of work when agreeing on the final offer. We offer all our employees stock options.
Our benefits package invests in our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing and includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual training allowance (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we offer everyone a choice of laptop, monitor, top of the range kit and any software you need.
Where possible, we will cross-train and/or focus on what interests you, whether it’s improving your technical skills with books, courses and training or increasing your management abilities.
We are based in beautiful Brighton - sea, chips and seagulls included, although we are currently working 100% remotely. Post-pandemic we will likely be transitioning to a hybrid office and home-based model with travel to the office about twice a month.
We are a global team of just under a hundred people currently based in the UK, USA and the Netherlands, who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The delivery of great results and having fun doing it
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
As a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility and one of the fastest growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape, we work closely with globally recognised partners and are on a mission to change the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
Our product allows ride-share and delivery drivers to get from quote to full policy and driving and delivering goods in the shortest possible time by simply clicking a few buttons. Our products are currently live in the UK, US and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines in 2021.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office, when open, is child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview.