Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? INSHUR could be the place for you!
They are looking for a Head of Product (Platform), pre-pandemic based in Brighton and currently 100% remote. You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories, including the UK, New York and Netherlands, and new European countries and US states as they expand.
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Head of Product (Platform) here at INSHUR, pre-pandemic based in Brighton, and currently 100% remote. You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories, including the UK, New York and Netherlands, and new European countries and US states as we expand.
Supported by (and reporting to) the Chief Growth Officer, you'll be joining a friendly team of 8 who believe in delivering outstanding product by challenging the status-quo, inventing better ways of addressing customer needs, and driving growth through quick iterations.
What you'll do
As our Head of Product (Platform) you will be responsible for maximising and sustaining growth by crafting our core product strategy, heading-up a product team and overseeing the development and management of the product roadmap. Working closely with internal teams, stakeholders, partners and customers, you will define, own and continuously iterate on our product vision to leverage market opportunities and develop outstanding competitive advantage through innovation. You will manage, coach, develop and expand your team with a strong focus on maximising business value through creative thinking, smart roadmap/backlog management and a true agile mindset.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our recruitment is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed below. However, we think the below would make you successful in this role.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have a strong experience of leading product teams and managing relatively complex product environment (ie: product environment with several applications, powered by APIs and a variety of vendors or content sources)
- Have a great track-record of delivering high growth through exceptional product management
- Understand the importance of questioning the status quo and disruptive industries, business models and customer behaviours
- Are excellent at translating strategic vision and priorities into actionable roadmaps, truly valuable features, and disruptive USPs
- Are truly focused on delivering customer value not only by gathering and interpreting facts but also by differentiating needs and wants
- Are a systematic problem solver, whose sweet spot is excelling at navigating between big picture strategic thinking and aggressive short term delivery
- Have successfully hired, trained, and developed outstanding team members and built high performing teams
Your colleagues say you are:
- A great communicator, able to translate complexity into simple concepts
- A true teamplayer focusing on the end result
- Pragmatic and able to think outside the box
- Customer centric in everything you do
- Extremely proactive and full of initiative
- Amazing at designing truly innovative products and not “faster horses”
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive. Our working environment is a hybrid of remote and office-based operation and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
We are flexible on salary for this role and we will take into account your previous experience and expertise when agreeing on the final offer.
We offer all our employees stock options and we've built a benefits package that invests in our employees’ long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual training allowance (no questions asked) and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit and any software you need.
We are a global team of just under a hundred people currently based in the USA, UK, and the Netherlands, who value:
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The delivery of great results and having fun doing it
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
As a well-funded business at the forefront of urban mobility and one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners, we are on a mission to change the way customers buy and feel about insurance, for good.
Founded in 2016, INSHUR provides fully digital auto insurance for taxi, TLC, ride-share, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from quote to full policy and driving in the shortest possible time by simply clicking a few buttons. Our products are currently live in the USA, UK and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines in 2021.
We are based in beautiful Brighton - sea, chips and seagulls included, although we are currently working 100% remotely. Post-pandemic we will likely be transitioning to a hybrid office and home-based model with travel to the office as needed.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office, when open, is child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview.