An exciting opportunity to join the Audit team of a dynamic, fast growing, technology business, supporting the expansion of the group and continuous improvement.
The Internal Control and Audit team sits within Finance, which is a truly global team with a presence in all our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury, Internal Control and Commercial Finance.
All our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
The Internal Control and Audit Senior Specialist will report to the Internal Control and Audit Senior Manager. You will have responsibility for planning and undertaking internal audit assignments, ad-hoc special projects and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities. The Internal Control and Audit Specialist must establish strong working relationships with business and finance management & process owners. Additionally, the Internal Control and Audit Senior Specialist will support other special projects to ensure the company has implemented effective internal controls. This highly visible role will interface with management on a multi-functional and multi-regional level.
What you will do:
- You will assist the Senior Manager in the development of testing approaches for assigned projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated
- You will participate and, in some instances lead internal audits and control reviews evaluating the adequacy (both design and operating effectiveness) of controls for Farfetch business units and key business processes, including process mapping key financial cycles
- You will complete internal controls test procedures, communicating findings noted from the reviews to the Senior Manager and evaluating and reporting on any identified control deficiencies
- SOX planning, testing and reporting
- On occasions you may be asked to review the work of the Internal Control and Audit Specialists
- You will execute quarterly control assessments and reporting
- You will support remediation of control deficiencies together with the process owners
- You will interact successfully with management, team members, business partners and regulators
- Some business travel will be required, mainly to Porto but also further afield as the business continues to grow
Who you are:
- You are a qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) or Internal Auditor (IIA)
- Experience working in an internal audit and/or a SOX background post qualification
- You can demonstrate solid experience of flowcharting, documentation and process mapping
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills and are comfortable working both in a team and on your own
- You are a highly motivated and organized self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management within the company and across different cultures
- You have a naturally inquisitive, assertive and tenacious character but you are also pragmatic
- You take responsibility for the quality, completeness, efficiency and accuracy of your work, you can manage your time effectively to meet deadlines
- You thrive in a fast-paced high growth environment. Experience of similar working environments would be ideal
- Fluency in Portuguese would be an advantage, though not a requirement for this role