The role of Junior Buyer reports directly into the Buyer and will involve strategic execution of the Buying strategy for the Men's Footwear department at Browns, driving performance and growth across this developing category.
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We are product people at heart. Tastemakers in the industry, passionate about incubating the most exciting talent the fashion industry has to offer and combining the finest names in luxury with emerging talent. We collaborate with brands and designers from all corners of the globe, carefully curating product to bring our clients an edit with a distinct point of view.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Junior Buyer reports directly into the Buyer, you will be involved in the execution of Browns Buying strategy for the Men's Footwear department. Driving performance and growth across this developing category. Key focuses will include all luxury brands, sports brands and onboarding new gen talent within the footwear landscape, masterminding and delivering special projects and collaborations and trading the department to meet the company growth ambitions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will support the Buyer with managing OTB Budget, implementing strategies to guide the best return for OTB.
- You will line manage the Assistant Buyer (AB), taking accountability for their performance and supporting their development, and offering coaching.
- You will analyse sales performance and monitor sell throughs, proposing and executing trading actions to improve sales performance and reduce risk to the business.
- You will maintain strong relationships and continuous contact with suppliers, negotiating with confidence to provide a positive stock and trading position.
- You will work with the wider business, inclusive of Merchandising, Brand Engagement and Retail, to contribute to the business's commercial performance.
- You will source new brands through multiple channels, ensuring product is following the buying strategy and promoting newness and exclusivity.
- You will conduct all Buy's together with the Buyer, attending all markets following our needs.
WHO YOU ARE
- You will have strong analytical skills to manage OTB and forecast sales, as well as analyse sell-through.
- You will be revolutionary in approach and bring ideas to the table in relation to product and brand mix.
- You will have strong organisation and the ability to plan and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- You will work effectively with internal and externals partners.
- You will demonstrate creativity in your curiosity to discover new brands, to inspire creativity and growth within your category.
- You will have a commercial mindset, with the ability to both recognise opportunities and risks, to influence trade decisions.
- You will be Excel proficient, confident in navigating through data, to interpret and analyse many different reports and protect data integrity.
- You embody all our values including Be Human; show kindness and respect towards yourself and others, problem solving with empathy and see mistakes as learning opportunities.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 33 day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving's Isa's, ClassPass and more
- Discount of 50% off at Browns
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.