As a Tax Manager in the Finance team you will take the lead on managing Paddle’s complex and growing tax function.
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Paddle alleviates this pain with its industrialised Revenue Delivery Platform that makes it easy for SaaS companies to respond faster and more precisely to every growth opportunity across acquisition, renewals and expansion.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
As a member of the Finance team you will take the lead on managing Paddle’s complex and growing tax function. You will report into our Head of Finance and will be responsible for indirect sales tax globally (45+ territories and growing) as well as Corporate tax, US Federal / State income Tax, Franchise Tax and more. You will build on an efficient and robust tax compliance environment, designing and implementing a control framework as Paddle continues to grow. The role will also be strategic, as you will need to stay abreast of an ever changing tax landscape and proactively ensure Paddle’s continued compliance.
What you'll do
- Supporting business operations regarding indirect tax matters, working closely with other teams
- Manage Indirect Tax compliance, reporting and remittance of tax globally
- Managing a team of 3 as well as owning relationships with tax advisers and agents
- Review monthly Indirect Tax reconciliations
- Being involved in tax planning and tax issues/queries
- Provide internal training and raise awareness of indirect tax
- Support Head of Finance to manage and assist on indirect tax matters
- Work with the wider Finance team by providing input to monthly management accounts, cash flow planning and audit.
- Drive process improvements, efficiency & automation
- Support other matters (EMI Share Options, Budgeting, Forecasting, Company Secretarial)
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have 5+ years experience in a similar role with Direct and Indirect Tax exposure.
- You have an ATT/CTA/ADIT or equivalent qualification.
- You have handled complex, large-dataset Excel and Google spreadsheets in the day-to-day of your previous/current roles.
- You are able to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines.
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
It'd be great if
- You have experience of managing complex multinational indirect tax operations
- You have worked at a Software or SaaS business
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 140 people and care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 3 months paid parental leaves regardless of gender. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our revenue delivery platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.