We are looking for a Programme Manager to focus on strategic projects in our Private Client team. This role be ideal for someone with an analytical mindset and commercial experience, a deep knowledge of luxury fashion and experience managing sales turnover, who is looking for an exciting growth opportunity in a fast-paced, globally oriented environment.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're dedicated to delivering the ultimate luxury shopping experience to our most loyal clients around the globe. Our powerhouse team made up of Personal Stylists, Marketing, Client Development, Customer Service and Operations are committed to ensuring our clients receive an unrivalled premium service – available only on FARFETCH.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We are looking for an outstanding Programme Manager who will report to the Head of Business Development. You will focus on strategic projects within the Private Client Programme, driving forward the evolution and execution of our strategy. The manager in this role will partner with senior management and functional leaders to implement both short-term and long-term programme goals aiming to increase growth and a seamless luxury shopping experience. You will be able to turn analysis and insights into recommended actions, can manage senior team members and manage projects. The manager in this role must demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement and support cross-departmental projects and goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll support the delivery of high priority projects
- You'll develop new programmes to help implement strategic direction of the organisation
- You'll drive the team's delivery of projects within timelines and budgets, providing overall direction, setting clear goals and KPI's
- You'll develop an evaluation method to assess programme strengths and identify areas for improvement
- You'll create programme funding proposals to meet our needs
- You will manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved, identifying any risks as they occur
- You will produce accurate reporting of programme status throughout its life-cycle
- You will work with the Analytics team to capture results and insights
- You will meet with your team to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services
- You'll improve and influence senior team members to encourage discussion and decisions
WHO YOU ARE
- You'll have experience operating at a manager level in a global, luxury sales organisation.
- You'll have experience leading multi-functional, global projects, with experience delivering long-term strategic projects, in scope and within budget.
- You'll have an ability to create operational plans and see through to execution
- You'll have excellent commercial and financial knowledge, and an ability to understand and interpret analytics and financials into recommendations
- You'll have experience leading multi-functional projects and within budget
- Commercially focused and motivated, with the ability to work towards metrics and manage budgets
- You'll be able to work with all levels of the organisation
- You'll be a luxury industry expert with a deep knowledge of the wants and needs of the luxury customer
- You'll be a problem solver with an ability to turn a challenge into a solution, maximising opportunity
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.