Browns Fashion are looking for a Associate Art Director (Stills) to join our team.
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We're enhancing customer experiences across our digital touchpoints including our website, app, and email. Our team are experts in eCommerce improving customer experiences and brand presence whilst driving engagement and sales growth across our digital channels. Our teams include performance marketing, data analytics, CRM, organic search and optimization, design and studio creative.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Associate Art Director (Stills) will promote creativity and new ideas across the stills eCommerce images for New In on brownsfashion.com, showcasing each products USP. You will support the Art Director (Studio) with new projects and special projects ensuring that every stills image conveys the Browns attitude and distinct tone of voice, inspiring customers and increasing the conversion rate. This role is based in the UK but requires travel to Portugal (Porto) 2 -3 times each month where the studios are located.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will support the Art Director, in testing and researching new creative ideas to develop the team and the product photography/styling shot by the studio team.
- You will share best practice to improve the technical and creative capability of the studio team, managing the results and responsible for thousands of stills images shot throughout the year.
- You will provide technical knowledge to 9 product photographers and 2 photography team leaders in relation to photography, product styling, lighting, composition and crops, establishing guidelines to convey the direction and mood.
- You able to direct and shoot photography for still life photographer. Hands-on directing still life and flat photography across all categories by motivating the team and overseeing any special projects.
- You will work with the photography team leaders and the studio manager to prepare the team to adapt to new techniques following upcoming projects.
- You will present bi-weekly in-depth product photography reviews of NEW IN to the Art Director noting feedback and prioritising improvements.
- You will lead by example in shooting and retouching images to the highest standards, with particular reference to challenging items, like fine jewellery, showing the team how this can be achieved and ensuring they can apply these insights.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience in stills photography, within editorial and luxury e-commerce environment.
- You have a portfolio in stills product photography across an array of client/brand environments.
- You have outstanding technical knowledge in both photography and retouch.
- You have great communication skills with the ability to bring creative ideas and follow briefs.
- You can cultivate a test-and-learn culture, ensuring everyone in your team can contribute to how we redefine e-commerce photography.
- You are commercially focused and curios to understand the performance behind the images.
- You are comfortable in developing a team.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 33 day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving's Isa's, ClassPass and more
- Discount of 50% off at Browns
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.