As Customer Support Engineer at Paddle, you’ll be responsible for providing technical support to our clients that have integrated Paddle on their websites and/or applications. You’ll help them get the most out of Paddle by debugging issues with existing implementations and expand their use of our platform and features to meet their current and future challenges.
As Customer Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for providing technical support to our clients that have integrated Paddle on their websites and/or applications. You’ll help them get the most out of Paddle by debugging issues with existing implementations and expand their use of our platform and features to meet their current and future challenges.
This is a technical role, and you will be providing support to developers. As such, you'll need to be very familiar with web technologies and be comfortable to build and advise on working solutions that solve problems. This will require some hands-on, coding experience.
Working closely with our Customer Success team you'll ensure our customers receive an incredible experience when they come to Paddle for help and advice. You'll also work closely with Product Managers, being the voice of our existing customers and championing improvements for them.
What you'll do
- Become an expert on the Paddle product suite, including the checkout, dashboard, and APIs.
- Investigate and resolve where possible emergent issues/questions for all existing customers in a timely fashion.
- Help our customers to create better integrations with Paddle and make the most of all our features.
- Advise customers on how to use our product most effectively.
- Identify solutions to enable customers to successfully self-serve.
- Support and empower your colleagues on customer calls, with code samples, and additional collateral.
- Contribute to public facing technical documentation and guides, continuously evaluating and improving.
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams, helping them to identify, investigate and test fixes for issues and bugs reported by our customers.
- Be the voice of our customers and pass on feedback and the challenges our customers are facing to our Product team, ensuring a continuous cycle of improvement.
We'd love to hear from you if
- You are comfortable implementing our own checkout (we'll test this!).
- You have experience using and integrating APIs.
- You have knowledge of one of the following: Python, Ruby or PHP.
- You have good SQL knowledge.
- You have experience working in an agile software development environment.
- You are comfortable communicating and discussing technical concepts with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have an investigative mindset and like to think out of the box.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 140 people and care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 3 months paid parental leaves regardless of gender. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our revenue delivery platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we've raised $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV, Capital, Kindred, Notion and 83 North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.