As a Frontend Software Engineer at Paddle, you’ll be helping to drive our product and engineering department forward, working on different parts of the Paddle ecosystem and helping our Software Sellers sell their products on a platform they trust and rely on.
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Paddle alleviates this pain with its industrialized Revenue Delivery Platform that makes it easy for SaaS companies to respond faster and more precisely to every growth opportunity across acquisition, renewals and expansion.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
As a Senior Frontend Software Engineer, you’ll be helping to drive our product and engineering department forward, working on different parts of the Paddle ecosystem and helping our Software Sellers sell their products on a platform they trust and rely on.
Our Engineering Department is split into 4 cross functional Product teams, an SRE team and an SOC team. Our Product teams are made up of an Engineering Team Lead, a Product Manager, and Frontend and Backend engineers, depending on the demands of the team. Each Product team focuses on a specific domain, currently, these are Checkout, Payments, SaaS and Subscriptions. Our SRE teams job is to enable Product teams to be able to take on Platform and Ops tasks themselves, and our SOC teams job is to ensure our platform is stable.
You are empowered to use the right tech for the job. You’ll have the freedom to input into what technology and tooling are used and educate the rest of your colleagues accordingly.
What you'll do
- Work on a high traffic FE application used by hundreds of active sellers and hundreds of thousands monthly buyers
- Develop greenfield products as well as other parts of the front-end architecture
- Technically own our codebase (React, Redux, GraphQL, Jest, Webpack, AWS)
- Collaborate closely and pair with product designers and contribute to design systems
- Provide front-end engineering advice for team issues, and be involved in wider technical decisions that impact other teams or the company at large
- Work directly with the backend team on API specification and integration
- Build new features and re-shape the user experience of our product in small, frequent, iterations with daily releases
We'd love to hear from you if are
- An experienced front end engineer with experience gained in a scale up product led business, SaaS is a bonus!
- You have developed high performing front-end applications in an agile environment.
- You have experience working closely with Product designers and pairing for ideation sessions.
- You have a strong understanding of the development process from design through to deployment and maintenance and what that means for day-to-day development.
- You have experience with React or any other modern view framework.
- You have experience with testing using one of the common frameworks (e.g. Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress)
- You have a deep CSS knowledge including CSS-in-JS methodologies
- Build tools, such as Webpack
It'd be great if
- You have an understanding of browser optimisation techniques and responsive design.
- You are familiar with ES 2015-2017.
- You have knowledge of Redux, or any other state management library for React.
- You are familiar with GraphQL and Apollo.
- You have worked with AWS before and are willing to learn more about DevOps.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of around 140 people based near Shoreditch. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare and on-site mental health coaching sessions. We believe in flexible working and offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid parental leave regardless of gender. Plus we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, which can include anything from joining the office football team, enjoying a board game night, taking up in-office meditation sessions or in-house massages. We host regular company get-togethers and quarterly socials. We have weekly catered lunches and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges and annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We’re early in our journey but making great progress: Deloitte Fast 50 named us the fastest growing software company in the UK (we’ve tripled revenue every year since our launch in 2012), and we’ve raised over $25m in funding from incredible investors such as Notion, BGF and Kindred.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date on new opportunities at Paddle!