You will be a Front-end Developer in the Marketing Production team at Farfetch and will report to the Lead Developer.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a diverse team of Marketing professionals, spanning artistic and scientific expertise. We're driven to amaze our global community of customers through our data-driven approach, revolutionary spirit, test-and-learn culture and collaborative style.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
You will be a Front-end Developer in the Marketing Production team at Farfetch and will report into the Lead Developer. You will work with a team of developers, UX, Creative, Copy, Linguistic, CRM and Production teams engineering both internal applications and customer-facing web pages and emails.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will have good knowledge of Email Development, coding HTML, email best practices and in-depth knowledge of email clients and fallbacks.
- You will have experience with templating languages and outputting data.
- You will support the marketing team with creative solutions to improve processes through automation.
- You will foster relationships with engineers on teams across the company to collaborate and knowledge share.
- You will perform quality assurance and troubleshoot code rendering across multiple desktop and mobile devices using testing and analytics platforms.
WHO YOU ARE
- You will have knowledge of back-end technologies. Experience with the MERN stack is a huge plus.
- You have experience working within an agile methodology with stand-ups, planning sessions and estimation sessions).
- You have experience with responsive design and UI principles across different browsers, viewports and touchpoints.
- You have knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews and automated testing of browser and devices.
- You can translate technical explanations to non-technical parties.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.