You'll focus on creating 'revolutionary' product descriptions, enhancing our customer journey through our product pages. Working to our Tone of Voice guidelines, within a large multi-lingual department, you will create witty, succinct and engaging editorial copy to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a creative family, building copy, data and visual assets for each corner of the FARFETCH Ecommerce Platform. We are dedicated to providing gold standard imagery, content and production services for our partners and creating an engaging on-site experience for our customers.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Content Supervior - German you'll focus on creating 'revolutionary' product descriptions, enhancing our customer journey through our product pages. Working to our Tone of Voice guidelines, within a large multi-lingual department, you will create witty, succinct and engaging editorial copy to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site. Ideally, this would have been within a copywriting or fashion journalism role – copy editors with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Write editorial and technical product descriptions that reflect our brand's Tone of Voice
WHO YOU ARE
- Fluent in German (native level)
- Good writing style that is precise and inspiring, with an impeccable use of grammar
- Knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to street style
- Able to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
- Comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
- Registered as a sole trader (with a confirmed UTR number) or limited Company (or equivalent if based outside the UK)
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.