We're responsible for creating engaging, beautiful products which help our customers express their love of fashion.
We understand user needs and champion them throughout product development.
We're part of a global team with centres in London, Lisbon, Porto and Shanghai working in diverse teams across a suite of products including web, mobile and in-store.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced design-leader who can use evidence and knowledge of customer behaviours and needs to help shape and develop multi-year product strategy. You will also understand the value of well-crafted products and can help us to set and help deliver outstanding interfaces and experiences for all our customers around the world.
As a Senior Design Manager you and your design leadership peers oversee the quality of Farfetch's user experience and products; make sure interaction with them meets the goals and standards we set for our brand, and that designers within the team are motivated and inspired within a psychologically safe environment.
We are looking for someone who can help teams break down complexity and provide clear context and direction for their work. You can preempt where collaboration will be required.
You have deep knowledge of how to ensure the needs and behaviours of people are integrated into product development to promote excellence, and are an eloquent advocate for the customer.
You have experience forming, shaping and leading teams of teams, and can show how you have mentored and managed others.
You have experience managing other people managers and will directly line-manage Product Designers and Principal Designers who work within Consumer Products. The people you manage won't necessarily be co-located in the same office as you, so experience managing international and remote teams is required.
You'll be part of the Design team in Consumer Product, reporting directly to the Senior Director for Product Design & Research.
What you'll do
- Determine the structures and cadences for our rituals and meetings to ensure optimal flow
- Ensure that large design- or research-led projects are sequenced and managed
- Work with our Design Principals to establish and communicate practise leadership in our design communities (web UI, native UI, experience design)
- Establish new design communities, starting with Information Architecture
- Create the strategy for all consumer UI specification and ensure agreement to Farfetch's Design System
- Foster collaboration and sharing with other design teams and communities
- Ensure that design documentation approaches and practices are understood and standardised across all our teams and are fit for purpose
- Identify and improve workflow and tooling, ensuring close collaboration and high visibility and awareness of the value of design
Who you are
- You're experienced leading teams and working on high-profile consumer-facing products
- You have experience working with global teams, and understand how to create products that address user needs and behaviours
- You can connect and direct actions and tactics in the team to wider strategy
- You are incredible at breaking down complexity and creating context for others to work
- You are experienced in shaping customer-centred product strategy
- An expert in implementing a lean, evidence-based approach to product development
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.