The Marketplace Data team provide insights and build Data Products to drive business value for the Commercial, Pricing, Marketing and Private Client departments as well as provide tooling and services for the Central Data Platform. As the Senior Group Product Manager, you will lead a team of results-focussed Data Product managers responsible for delivering impactful, high-profile Data Products for key business stakeholders and technical teams.
The Data department create innovative solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience, through inspiring and informing business decisions that drive sustainable and measurable growth for Farfetch and our partners.
The Marketplace Data team generate and provide insights and build Data Products to drive business value for the Commercial, Pricing, Marketing and Private Client departments. In addition, they manage and build tooling and services for the Central Data Platform. As the Senior Group Product Manager, you will lead a team of results-focussed Data Product managers responsible for delivering impactful, high-profile Data Products for key business stakeholders and technical teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Establish and take responsibility for the key themes, objectives and key results for the Data Product team and empower your teams through the end to end product lifecycle.
- Advocate data product development across the company, seeking new opportunities of which data can offer their expertise to build sustainable and scalable solutions.
- Manage a team of Product Managers, offering support both in their day-to-day and the development of their skills for the growth of their career.
- Ensure strong collaboration and partnership between Engineering, Data Scientists, BI Developers and Analysts within the teams to deliver against your vision.
- Effectively recruit amazing talent and build a high performing team
- Drive product ways of working and champion the standardisation product development across your different teams with efficient processes & best practices.
- Where needed, you might own specific data products belonging to specific stakeholders areas.
WHO YOU ARE
- Extensive experience in Product Management; in particular Data Products.
- Experience in managing a team of Product Managers, including other people managers (Group, Lead, Senior and Mid-level Product Managers).
- Experience in managing product portfolios as a combination of many products that involve multiple stakeholders and product squads.
- Worked within an agile software environment to deliver customer-led outcomes.
- Familiar working in and collaborating with a cross-functional squad of technical experts such as Analysts, Data Scientists and Engineers.
- Previous experience in e-commerce business with particular focus on Marketing, Customer Acquisition and Lifecycle, Supply and Demand or Pricing is a plus.
- Ability to easily transition between strategic thinking/planning and execution.
- Ability to set and communicate an inspiring vision and get things done.
- Be a smart problem solver, who does not hesitate to get hands on to unblock your teams and deliver quality solutions quickly.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written & verbal/presentation. You should have experience communicating and influencing at multiple levels of an organisation.
- Naturally collaborative and supportive.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.