As Head of Commercial Strategy and Growth you will report to the Senior Head of Strategy and Project Delivery. Your focus is on driving profitable growth for the FPS business as we expand our portfolio of products, grow our client base, and add new revenue streams.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
COMMERCIAL & SUSTAINABILITY
We're partnering with the world's best brands, boutiques and department stores to provide our customers with a unique shopping experience and access to the most extensive selection of luxury on a single platform. We work with all areas of FARFETCH to achieve business success and to improve our social and environmental impact. We want to empower our consumers to think, act and choose positively while offering an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
As Head of Commercial Strategy and Growth you will report to the Senior Head of Strategy and Project Delivery. Your focus is on driving profitable growth for the FPS business as we expand our portfolio of products, grow our client base, and add new revenue streams. Your focus will be twofold: first, you will lead our business development function and second, you will help drive FPS' overall commercial strategy. We are looking for someone who likes to be challenged, thinks critically and creatively, and wants to be a part of a high-growth team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build (and subsequently then lead) the business development function for FPS; includes the end-to-end sales funnel from scouting, lead generation and engagement through to discovery workshops
- Negotiate commercial and contractual terms with clients, working with the FPS Commercial Director and Legal team, from deal structure and pricing pre launch all the way through to renewals and operating costs post-launch
- Lead FPS strategic planning process; includes the 3-5 year plan, annual operating strategy and business planning with the Chief Platform Officer, our Finance Partners, and FPS Leadership Team
- Maintain an overall strategic focus on driving sustainable growth and profitability; includes staying up-to-date with competitor research and industry trends, developing the business model and go-to-market strategy for new products, and working with senior team members to lead strategic projects in the business; includes engagements with external consultancies.
- Continue to build Consultancy as Service and additional revenue stream for FPS; includes pitching / securing client work and leading strategic and operational consultancy projects
- Be the Commercial Lead for Platform Partners; responsible for ensuring a smooth partner journey from the first contact and contract, through to ongoing support, performance goals, and product evolution
WHO YOU ARE
- Strategic with experience in management consulting or a corporate strategy function
- Experience in retail (both physical and digital)
- Experience with complex selling processes and client solution selling
- Commercially-minded with an emphasis on operational excellence and an interest in legal, finance and project execution
- Experience managing large diverse project teams, and delivering projects to plan
- Worked in client-facing or service led roles and have influenced / managed senior team members (C-level)
- Advanced Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and PowerPoint skills
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.