At Learnerbly, we are growing rapidly and are looking for a full-stack engineer with experience in designing for and operating with AWS-based systems
Software Engineer, Full Stack, at Learnerbly, UK, remote until 2021, optional remote after
£50-70k per annum
Learnerbly is a Workplace Learning Platform that enables people to be their best selves at work.
Our mission is to work with organisations to create a progressive learning culture that empowers their people to own their development, guides them towards the best learning opportunities and supports them in applying their learnings.
Over the last two years, we’ve built a SaaS-enabled marketplace of the best learning resources and have already helped businesses like GoCardless, IDEO, Curve, Treatwell and Freetrade to accelerate the growth of their people.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a full-stack engineer with experience in designing for and operating with AWS-based systems.
- Work as part of a team of engineers to build and ship features for Learnerbly's platform and automate internal processes
- Support the rest of the team with tooling and mentoring
- Build the company with us
These are ideal but not required as we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Learnerbly.
We expect you to own the end-to-end implementation of small to mid-sized features or services that deliver a great experience for users, automate internal processes or improve the developer experience.
The most important requirement is that you have a strong passion for building great software systems. Candidates with strong professional experience will be preferred (especially experience working in a growing start-up environment, B2B SaaS, marketplaces), but what really matters is a passion for building things. We value and recognise people with a genuine passion for their work.
This knowledge may come as professional experience or personal research but you will be expected to speak knowledgeably about the state of the art with respect to web application development and infrastructure design. We like geeks, and your expertise is more important to us than your professional or educational experience.
We would like to see your personal projects, and understand what you like and what you don’t like. We want to learn about interesting things you have read, projects you have been involved with, people you have met and what you have learned.
We’re passionate about learning and development and will do everything we can to maximise your personal and career growth. Check out our Employee Guide for more details! Please note *benefits only apply to UK contracts
- Competitive salary
- Open and inclusive working environment
- Values-driven culture
- *£1,000 learning and wellbeing budget to spend each year
- *25 days paid holiday
- *Healthcare cashback scheme available
- Flexible working environment/hours
- *Either a £500 WFH budget to upgrade your set-up or a hot-desk with Runway East
We are working 100% remotely until at least April 2021 and adapting quickly in the light of the current context.
Our product and engineering team has always been partially remote, as long as you are based in close proximity to the GMT timezone we’re happy for you to work from anywhere.
In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- First-day delivery lunch on us!
- Meeting the whole team over a series of virtual cuppas as well as the Donut Slack integration for more social time
- Surprise letterbox gifts
- Water-cooler Slack channels
- A values-driven, open and inclusive environment
We look for people who share our values and can add to our culture.
- Be your authentic self: For us, this means finding the intersection between what you love and what you’re good at, so you can be yourself at work.
- Set the destination, own the journey: "Be the change you want to see in the world." Think big, speak up, take ownership. We believe in learning by experimenting and failing fast: use your creativity and resourcefulness to find solutions to problems you encounter.
- Invite everyone to dance: “Diversity is being invited to the party, inclusion is being asked to dance.” We look for people who share our values and contribute to our culture. Diversity alone is not enough. We believe by being diverse and inclusive we make better decisions.
- Practice heartfelt, radical candor: We know seeking radically candid feedback can be hugely powerful. We proactively seek and give feedback to reveal blindspots and accelerate growth.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.