We are looking for a forward-thinking, full-time developer that will enjoy home-based flexible work. If you are seeking a meaningful role that will positively impact society, we would love to hear from you.
What is AperiMail?
AperiMail is a UK based progressive thinking tech start-up, looking to solve the challenges associated with privacy, security, and anonymity in communications. We are idealists, and we think positive forward-thinking is a must. We aim to lead the privacy-first messaging market for the people who need it the most, to protect their way of life or ideas.
Our senior management team have a wealth of experience working in the tech sector and have the vision to build products that protect our client's privacy using advanced technologies for encryption and security, based on the future of the internet with Web 3. We have recently completed a round of seed funding which enables us to expand our team.
We have a complex, challenging, and ambitious strategy and need to build our developers and researchers teams to design and develop the best peer-to-peer messaging solution.
Who we're looking for?
We're looking for a self-motivated, high calibre application developer who has experience working for start-up businesses. You'll be the right candidate if you're used to working at pace, into self-development, and have a thirst for learning new technologies and sharing that knowledge with the team. The role will be 100% flexible and home-based. The applicant must be comfortable working remotely.
If you are a team player, want to learn/work on new technologies, enjoy problem-solving, and think outside the box, we really want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing here:
You'll report directly to the CEO as part of our R&D team. We value your opinions and insights, and your contributions are valued sincerely.
You will be working at the forefront of technologies and the future of the internet, enhancing your career, and reinforcing your skills.
What is it like to work with us?
With our team based worldwide, we believe in work/life blend and want to create a working environment where our employees can set their own hours, free from the micromanagers and hierarchy.Our existing team are hard-working but know when family and personal lives need to come first.
One of our major aims is to hold periodic in-person collaboration sessions (once safe to do so) with the idea that as we grow, we aim to be a remote team that can come together to recharge.
Reflection, collaboration, and team building are the core concepts that we will explore as one unit, amongst the setting of a remote destination, be that nationally or internationally. The idea is to have regular "work and relax" time together, and not to sit through plenary presentations or endless brainstorming sessions.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn and develop their current expert skills. If you have worked in adjacent fields, that could help you build some skills below; we are open to discuss.
• A thorough understanding of security and privacy theoretical and practical concepts
• GoLang, Swift and React Native, or C++ and willing to learn new languages
• A thorough understanding of Object Orientated Programming, Reactive Programming, Design Patterns, and Data Structures
• A good understanding of symmetric and asymmetric encryption and cyphers
• Must show a good understanding of NoSQL and relational database paradigms
• Development using MQ
• Familiarity with OWASP standards and defensive coding
• Experience of Unit Testing
• Demonstrative experience of code documentation
• Must have a good understanding of MVP development
• Git version control best practises and branch control strategies
• A good understanding of UX/UI best practises
• Blockchain or/and peer-to-peer development
• Mobile and desktop application development
Good to Have
• Agile Scrum/Kanban Development
• IPFS (Interplanetary File System)
• Collaborative tools such as Jira and Trello
• Linux/Unix terminal or PowerShellterminal command experience
What you'll get
As we are a remote-only company, you will be home-based working on your own time. We have created a dedicated role for a Remote Experience Manager to assist you and ensure you feel happy, supported, and integrated whilst working remotely.
Total home-based and flexible working - no core hours–so you can plan your workday around your own schedule. We're working on becoming 'flexified', meaning we're officially a flexible workplace and follow Flexa's (https://flexa.careers/about-us) assessment on flexible work.
• Base salary of £60,000, with annual pay reviews
• 36 days a year holiday (including bank holidays)
• Self-development budget of up to £1,000 a year
• Performance-based bonus of 10% of annual salary
• Share options
• Brand-new MacBook Pro when you start
• Home expenses covered:
- Office supplies(snacks, stationary, plants etc.) - up to £150/month
- Internet bill - up to £100/month
- Alternatively, the option to expense the cost of a co-working space up to £350/month
We are proud to be founded with core diversity and inclusion principles at the heart, and we strive to create a team that reflects this mantra, pioneering the way forward with equality for all. AperiMail is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.