At Impala, we’re looking for someone that is a strategic executor to take on the initially IC role (although with the opportunity to transition to people management in the medium term). This is the first Product Marketing role at Impala and as such you’ll have the opportunity to define the role and function, reporting directly to the CEO (who leads product, and occasionally writes job descriptions, hello!).
Thanks for checking out our job description for Product Marketing Director at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just diving straight in with words like “revolutionising” and “disrupting”.
As such, we apologise in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
You may remember us as one of the best companies in London to work for (here) or as one of the Top 50 start-ups in Europe to watch this year (here). Either way we’re a company that gets annoyed by only two things; bad travel, closed platforms and off by one errors.
Impala is the company that empowers innovators to build next generation travel experiences on top of best in class APIs. Think Twilio or Plaid for travel.
About the Product Marketing Director role
We’re looking for someone that is a strategic executor to take on the initially IC role (although with the opportunity to transition to people management in the medium term). This is the first Product Marketing role at Impala and as such you’ll have the opportunity to define the role and function, reporting directly to the CEO (who leads product, and occasionally writes job descriptions, hello!).
As a Product Marketing Director:
- You’ll be working directly with our Booking product team to articulate the value proposition and define the positioning of the platform that will become the heart of an industry.
- You’ll be responsible for determining and directing the GTM of Booking, ensuring that it is seen as a market leader among both hoteliers, developers and the product world.
- You’ll be comfortable both doing and discussing as this role will be hands-on and strategic.
- You’ll oversee deck creation, host webinars, speak with analysts, interview customers and build strategies. Really the full gamut of B2B Product Marketing.
Here’s why you should join us:
- This role is the first in the function here. You’ll be extremely well resourced to have a significant impact on the world of travel among some of the smartest people in the industry.
- As mentioned, while you’ll be working with the best and brightest the world has to offer. They’re also incredible humans.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace.
- We’re the market leader in an enormous and interesting market and our success criteria is powering 2 billion better trips per year.
- We’re early enough that you’ll make a truly meaningful difference (< 70 people) and well funded enough (Series B, > $30m raised total) that you won’t be resource constrained.
We also have a benefits package that’s second-to-none and pay top-of-market.
Skills you’ll absolutely need:
- You’ll need to be a true first-principles thinker that is programmed to ask whether the way things are the way they should be and smart enough to satisfactorily answer the question.
- You’re a strategic executor. You’re someone that is as comfortable discussing the advantages of going long on debates around pricing strategy as you are hacking together early landing pages.
- You’ll be deeply knowledgeable about successful GTM tactics for SaaS/B2D technology companies.
- You’re an incredible active listener and customer developer. You’re extremely comfortable on customer calls.
- You’re a natural storyteller and deeply understanding of how to position a product.
- You’ll have an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to unfamiliar audiences.
- You’ll abhor bad design.
Experience you’ll have:
- You must have run Product Marketing for a significant product in the B2B SaaS or B2D space.
- Must have launched at least one B2B or B2D product successfully and led it to become a market leader in its space.
- Must have owned positioning and value proposition development.