We are looking to recruit a Regulatory Counsel position as part of our growing, Global Legal Team. This is a highly visible and exciting role in a growing and dynamic team. This role will be ideal for a regulatory or competition expert looking to continue to develop their in-house experience in a forward-thinking, global business.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We are an award-winning full service in-house Legal, Ethics and Compliance function. We're based in the UK, Russia, Portugal, China, Italy, UAE and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects across all business units, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure FARFETCH goes from strength to strength.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Legal Team at Farfetch is seeking a Principal Legal Counsel (Regulatory) reporting to the Senior Head of Legal (IP & Innovation, Regulatory). You will enjoy an extremely broad role, delivering high-quality legal advice and services across multiple operational territories together with our wider international Legal Team sitting in Porto, Moscow, New York, Milan and Shanghai. Being a true partner, this role requires someone who is hands-on and commercially minded, with a professional ethic and the energy, interest and training to pursue a broad array of regulatory and competition issues matters. This is a role with great potential for you to quickly grow their level of experience, responsibility and autonomy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the Senior Head of Legal (IP & Innovation, Regulatory) on all regulatory and competition matters (including litigation) applicable to the Farfetch Group, focussing on the EU/UK whilst working closely in partnership with local legal teams;
- Advise the business, in partnership with local legal teams, on competition and regulatory matters arising out of existing and novel products, services and features of the Farfetch Group;
- Identify and research regulatory, competition and enforcement trends and risks that may affect the Farfetch business;
- Support the Senior Head of Legal (IP & Innovation, Regulatory) and wider legal team on large-scale agreements and corporate acquisitions where regulatory or competition matters may arise;
- Support the Senior Head of Legal (IP & Innovation, Regulatory) on substantive and complex multi-jurisdictional competition litigation or investigations;
- Implement processes, compliance tools and training programs to educate relevant parts of the Farfetch Business on competition and regulatory matters;
- Shape the Farfetch Group's engagement strategy with regulators and policy makers across a broad range of issues;
- Work with the Legal Teams in Russia, Portugal, US, Italy and China on a range of matters arising out of these territories, and external counsel.
WHO YOU ARE
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.