FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Internal Control and Audit Senior Specialist 6 month FTC. You will have responsibility for planning and undertaking internal audit assignments, ad-hoc special projects and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities. The Internal Control and Audit Specialist must establish strong working relationships with business and finance management & process owners. Additionally, the Internal Control and Audit Senior Specialist will support other special projects to ensure the company has implemented effective internal controls. This highly visible role will interface with management on a multi-functional and multi-regional level.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist the Senior Manager in the development of testing approaches for assigned projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated
- Participate and, in some instances lead internal audits and control reviews evaluating the adequacy (both design and operating effectiveness) of controls for Farfetch business units and key business processes, including process mapping key financial cycles
- Complete internal controls test procedures, communicating findings noted from the reviews to the Senior Manager and evaluating and reporting on any identified control deficiencies SOX planning, testing and reporting on occasions you may be asked to review the work of the Internal Control and Audit Specialists
- Execute quarterly control assessments and reporting
- Support remediation of control deficiencies together with the process owners
- Interact successfully with management, team members, business partners and regulators some business travel will be required, mainly to Porto but also further afield as the business continues to grow
WHO YOU ARE
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) or Internal Auditor (IIA) or actively studying to attain such a qualification.
- Up to 2 years experience working in an internal audit and/or a SOX background
- You can demonstrate solid experience of flowcharting, documentation and process mapping
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills and are comfortable working both in a team and on your own
- You are a highly motivated and organized self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management within the company and across different cultures
- You have a naturally inquisitive, assertive and tenacious character but you are also pragmatic
- You take responsibility for the quality, completeness, efficiency and accuracy of your work, you can manage your time effectively to meet deadlines
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.