The FARFETCH People Team are looking for a People Advisor to join our global, forward-thinking and collaborative team, with the mission to create a “Happy People Revolution”. In this truly generalist role you’ll be responsible for creating a world class experience for our UK Farfetchers at all stages of the employee journey.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We’re a global, forward-thinking and collaborative team, with the mission to create a “Happy People Revolution”. We’re here to find, grow and keep the best talent and build a world-class company where individuality is empowered. We’re inspiring Farfetchers around the world to live our values every day and to keep doing what’s never been done.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
In this truly generalist role you’ll be responsible for creating a world class experience for our UK Farfetchers at all stages of the employee journey. In line with our values you’ll have an ‘amaze customer’ approach and will provide timely and credible advice and counsel. Aligned to specific client groups you will work closely with the People Partners to deliver the People agenda. The role will also contribute to and lead on local projects which help us to create a culture where our people thrive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the People Partners to drive and execute strategic people plans, activities and cyclical processes across the entire employee journey e.g. talent mapping, development initiatives, org reviews, compensation and performance review processes, employee engagement action planning.
- Provide timely advice and guidance on employee relations, People policies, procedures and legislation in line with our values, spanning the entire employee journey (e.g. family friendly, performance, conduct), escalating to People Partners when required
- Play a pivotal role in the joiner, mover, leaver process, ensuring a world-class onboarding experience, delivering engaging new joiner inductions sessions and providing a seamless integration into the business.
- Conduct leaver interviews and collaborate with People Coordinators to ensure a smooth offboarding experience, seeking to understand the reasons behind attrition to improve employee loyalty and retention
- Collect and analyse qualitative and quantitative data to provide insights and recommendations to your People Partner and key stakeholders, so we can continue to improve and innovate our People experiences, employee happiness and retention (e.g. analyse leaver trends)
- Support larger scale projects and lead on small-medium, medium impact projects within the People Team and business
- Keep up to date with employment legislation changes and industry trends in the HR world, to bring new ideas to the team.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have proven generalist HR experience at advisory level, in a fast-paced, ambiguous, high-growth or progressive environment.
- Good working knowledge of UK employment law and practices, have successfully managed varied and complex casework and are able to tactfully and discreetly deal with varied and sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and are skilled at collaborating, building relationships and stakeholder management at all levels and across borders and functions.
- You are able to coach managers to engage and motivate their teams, deploying an empathetic approach, always living by our ‘Be Human’ value of authenticity, respect and doing the right thing
- You have a customer service mindset, with a relentless focus on the employee experience and drive to deliver, continuous review and improve what we deliver
- You are a creative, proactive problem solver who deals effectively with change and ambiguity.
- You have a growth mindset and thrive in a creative environment.
- You have proven experience in juggling multiple priorities at once and achieving against tight deadlines
- You have experience in HR data systems and processes. A full working knowledge of Workday would be an advantage.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.