We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
Commercial & Sustainability
We're partnering with global brands and the most influential and renowned boutique curators to bring our customers an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality. We’re relationship builders, we’re solution finders and we’re analysts. We work with all areas of the Farfetch business to improve our social and environmental impact while delivering business success. We want to empower our consumers to buy better, improve our operational footprint, and explore new business models that improve our impact.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
About the role
The Kids Senior Category Manager will be responsible for project managing all cross-functional workstreams.
Commercially, the Kids CatMan will continue to manage collaborations with partners on desired assortment (including a view aligned to Farfetch’s sustainability positioning) as well as feeding commercial insights to the marketing planning teams.
The Senior Category Manager is responsible for covering the long-term vision of the category, as well as the growth, trading, and visibility of the category daily across the Farfetch ecosystem.
This really is an opportunity for P&L accountability and incredible exposure, both internally and externally.
What you'll do
- Manage a complicated, cross-functional category across internal stakeholders (covering technology, operations, commercial and marketing workstreams)
- Build and maintain outstanding client/partner relationships through effective communications, reporting and problem-solving
- Provide experienced insights to the Operations & Logistics team on the specificities of category tree structure, sizing and pricing matters
- Discuss product assortment & positioning with Kids supply partners (including Browns)
- P&L responsibility for the category, accountable for its profitability & success
- Collaborate closely with the VIP (Private Client) team
- Work closely with the Commercial Planning & Pricing function to ensure business decisions and processes are underpinned with data insights
- Champion the critical bridge between art and science in the Commercial team
Who you are
- Kids sector experience - either as a category manager, buyer, merchandiser, entrepreneur, business leader or other related role within the Kids or Toys space
- Experience within consulting and/or strong planning and organisational skills
- expertise to manage and improve complex projects
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational excellence
- Commercially minded - strong focus on business development and growth
- Client-focused ability to pitch Farfetch to prospective brand clients & sell the vision of what partnering with Farfetch looks like
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.