We want to optimise, automate, and monitor our supply and pricing actions on over 300,000 products on the Farfetch marketplace. As the largest luxury fashion platform we work with over 3000 brand and boutique partners giving us an unrivalled breadth of stock, creating a large amount of data that we can leverage through machine learning and automation to create value for the business by improving our pricing strategy.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team: we manage the end-to-end functioning of large-scale data products, using automation and Machine Learning to improve the loyalty of Private Client customers. You will report to the Data Science Manager and you will work with Data Scientists, Analysts, and other technical teams, both here in Lisbon and across our other locations, shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch. Working with us, you will productionise and integrate data science solutions with the relevant internal business products or operational systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Experience implementing end-to-end data products with Data Engineering and Machine Learning components - from the system design to construction, deployment, orchestration and monitoring;
- Experience writing production quality code in Python 3, including, for example, dependency management and testing frameworks;
- Exposure to data processing frameworks such as Dataflow and Spark.
WHO YOU ARE
- Help design the solutions that our team provides to the business;
- Work with technical partners to implement the end-to-end architecture;
- Surface the team's output through the construction of ETLs, APIs and web interfaces;
- Work with the Data Scientists within the team to create production-quality Machine Learning solutions. Examples of models in production include different time series forecasting and optimisation techniques.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.