The FARFETCH Legal, Ethics & Compliance Team is looking for an Insurance Manager to join the company as the first insurance hire, to manage all aspects of our global insurance program. The role will suit someone with excellent in house experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is excited about the opportunity to develop a world class insurance program that reflects the needs and nature of our business.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We're an award-winning full service in-house legal, ethics & compliance function. We're made up of Corporate, Commercial, IP and Data Protection Lawyers. We're based primarily in London but have recently added teams in Russia, Portugal, China, Italy and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure Farfetch goes from strength to strength.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
The Legal, Ethics & Compliance Team at FARFETCH is growing in order to support the Company through the next phase of its ambitious plans. Reporting directly to the VP of Legal (North America) & Compliance you will enjoy a highly visible and exciting role in a growing and dynamic team. This role will be ideal for an insurance professional with excellent in house experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is excited about the opportunity to work with colleagues around the world and is driven to develop a world class insurance program that reflects the needs and nature of our business. This is a role with great potential for the right candidate to quickly grow their level of experience, responsibility and autonomy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Establish a scalable global insurance program across FARFETCH and its group companies by working in partnership with the broker(s) to consolidate insurances, while ensuring greater consistency of coverage and economies of scale
- Create an in-house insurance strategy for the forthcoming year to embed insurances across FARFETCH and Group Companies
- Increase the visibility of insurance at FARFETCH via the necessary education and awareness
- You will be responsible for setting the annual insurance renewal strategy in accordance with renewal timelines, working closely with the broker and insurers to enhance coverage and pricing
- Own the insurance renewal process within FARFETCH end-to-end; including data collection and analysis, applicable remarketing exercises, organizing education for insurers and preparing any necessary materials
- Prepare renewal proposals across our insurances for the General Counsel and VP for Legal (North America) & Compliance.
- Ensure the timely sign off, placement and binding of all insurances
- Drive the annual budgeting process for the Farfetch insurance program, taking into consideration the impact that market conditions and claims experience may have on pricing
- Responsible for the claims notification and handling process, including working with internal stakeholders, the broker and insurers
- Support the Legal Team with claims management, settlement negotiations where applicable and insurance related contractual clauses
- Support the business with ad hoc insurance queries and placement of insurances outside of renewal timelines as required
- Support the global People Teams as required with their employee benefits program
- Stress test policies via scenario analysis
- Facilitate quantification exercises to ensure policy limits are fit for purpose
- Analyze claims data and trends to put in place proactive mitigating actions
- Work in partnership with the Senior Risk Manager to provide solutions for key insurable risks
- Lead relationship management across the London insurance market with key insurers
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 5+ years of experience as an in-house insurance manager, ideally within a similar sector
- You are CII qualified at either Cert or Dip CII level
- You are a self-starter, who thrives when working independently or as part of a team
- You possess a positive and approachable demeanor and have exceptional interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- You have an excellent ability to grasp insurance issues quickly, balance risks, exercise sound judgment, and take a practical approach in a growing, dynamic, and fast-paced business environment
- You are solutions orientated
- You are a team player who is driven, forward thinking, innovative and agile, with commercial acumen
- You have a strong work ethic and superior attention to detail
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.