Legal Counsel - Commercial
FARFETCH Legal team is looking for a junior commercial lawyer to work within its growing team. This is a broad role, which involves delivering high quality commercial legal advice across multiple business divisions and operational territories.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We're an award-winning full service in-house legal, ethics & compliance function. We're made up of Corporate, Commercial, IP and Data Protection Lawyers. We're based primarily in London but have recently added teams in Russia, Portugal, China, Italy and the US. We provide leadership and advice on strategic projects, whilst developing our role as an integrated partner within the business to make sure Farfetch goes from strength to strength.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
This is a highly visible and exciting role in a well-regarded and dynamic team. Reporting directly to Senior Legal Counsel, you will enjoy a broad role, delivering high quality commercial legal advice and services across multiple business divisions and operational territories in conjunction with our wider international legal team
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will give advice predominantly on all types of commercial matters alongside the Principal Legal Counsel, Senior Legal Counsel, Legal Counsel and Paralegal in the London office
- You will work alongside Principal Legal Counsel and Senior Legal Counsel on material business projects across the group
- You will support various FARFETCH business divisions with general commercial contracts including those entered into with our brand and boutique partners via our E-concessions and Business Development teams
- You will advise a number of commercial teams including E-concessions, Business Development, Farfetch Platform Services and Browns (encompassing advice to both online and offline functions)
- You will assist on terms and conditions as well as more strategic matters for business services such as payment processing, delivery logistics and treasury, including assessing any consequential legal considerations for other business teams
- You will work with our Paralegal on template contracts and contract capture and management
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a qualified lawyer with 1-3 years’ PQE working in a corporate / commercial team
- UK or US law experience required
- You have excellent private practice training and experience from a law firm or in house exposure.
- You possess excellent communication, negotiating and drafting skills
- You have a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- You are passionate about fast moving consumer-led businesses
- You are a team player who is driven, forward thinking, innovative and agile, with commercial acumen
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street