Senior UX Architect
You have a unique opportunity to join a global product design team who are enabling the luxury fashion industry, defining what luxury means for digital!
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We’re designing impactful products and experiences that fulfil all our customer and partner needs from fashion lovers to the brands, boutiques and start-ups that operate within our platform ecosystem. Our team covers the Farfetch.com website and apps, all our B2B products and in-store experiences. We’re passionate about what we can achieve together, continuously researching, testing, launching and refining new products to push the boundaries of what’s never been done before.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
About The Role
You have a unique opportunity to join a global product design team who are enabling the luxury fashion industry, defining what luxury means for digital.
This role is for an experienced designer with deep knowledge of working within a multidisciplinary team (primarily research, design, engineering and product management). As a senior you are expected to have an extensive knowledge of design methods and practices that will help your team understand and make sense of their customers’ needs and behaviours.
You are able to structure and organise complex models and information and translate it into visual and text artefacts that can be used as references by others to support product development.
You will have technical knowledge of web, native UI and interaction design to ensure that our information architecture translates into appropriate, effective and coherent experiences within our products.
As well as helping to shape and craft products and features with your product team, we want you to use your knowledge to help us systematically build and develop the capability and expertise across the entire design discipline. As a part of the product design team we expect you to identify and share good practice across teams and to strive to continually improve it.
Farfetch looks for designers who are interested in helping raise up and develop those around them, and who are able to approach work with a clear intent and to reflect afterwards upon the effectiveness.
You are comfortable working with complexity and you excel in communicating effectively with partners and stakeholders.
You are able to demonstrate influence and credibility amongst your team, and the wider organisation.
You’ll be able to work broad and deep with high attention to detail in both cases, always leveraging and collaborating with researchers to achieve and/or influence strategic goals for our product and company
What you'll do
- Working collaboratively with your team (product owners, engineers, researchers and others) in defining the problem space and desired customers outcomes. You will support the execution and development of strategy in your area based on the learning and explanations created by the teams.
- Be involved in the planning and execution of workshops to help align intent and understanding of business and customer goals, distilling and sharing this with other teams.
- Work with your teams and the area’s leadership team to understand and roadmap their learning and research agenda for the period ahead.
- Help to define the hierarchy of user needs for the design project (use cases, heuristics), making sure that when customers interact with your product the experience is coherent, effective and consistent with our brand.
- Have a strong understanding of your area’s architecture and use this to ensure product decisions are made with them in mind in order to cope with or suggest improvements to it
- Discovery sprints - identifying opportunities to create value for our customers, and defining the problem space to help manage risk
Who you are
- You have experience working within product teams, either as a designer or a product owner.
- You have the ability to demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects
- You have excellent collaboration skills, as well as being able to constructively direct action within teams.
- We don’t expect a formal degree, but your depth and domain of knowledge is equivalent to that of a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar.
- You have working knowledge of developing and working with full-stack design systems.
- Experience working on high traffic consumer products a plus
- Experience working within a platform business, Ecommerce or online retail.
- You understand how to select and develop appropriate methods for prototyping and when to apply them as tools to remove risk.
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street