You have a unique opportunity to join a global product design team who are enabling the luxury fashion industry, defining what luxury means for digital!
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're the customer experts and advocates. Our teams work on the end-to-end product lifecycle; from understanding the motivations and needs of our customers and partners, to designing and testing hypotheses, to creating industry-leading experiences for luxury shoppers, sellers and service providers. We set our Product vision and achieve our strategy in close partnership with teams across the business.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
A unique opportunity join a global product design team who are defining what luxury means for digital. This role is for an experienced designer with a deep knowledge of working within a diverse team (design, engineering and product management). You will have a knowledge of design methods and practices to help your team understand and make sense of their customers' needs and behaviours. You can structure and organise complex models and information and translate it into visual and text artefacts that can be used as references by others to support product development. You have technical knowledge of web, native UI and interaction design to ensure that our information architecture translates into appropriate experiences within our products. As well as shaping and creating products and features with your product team, we want you to use your knowledge to help us systematically develop the capability and expertise across the entire design discipline. FARFETCH looks for designers who want to help raise up and develop those around them, and who can approach work with a clear intent and to reflect afterwards upon the effectiveness.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with Product owners, Engineers and Researchers to determine the problem space and desired customers outcomes.
- Help develop strategy in your area based on the learning and explanations created by the teams.
- Be involved in the development of workshops to help align intent and understanding of business and customer goals, distilling and sharing this with other teams.
- Work with your teams and the area's leadership team to understand and roadmap their learning and research agenda for the period ahead.
- Help determine the hierarchy of user needs for the design project (use cases, heuristics), making sure that when customers use your product the experience is consistent with our brand.
- Have a understanding of your area's architecture and use this to ensure product decisions are made with them in mind to cope with or suggest improvements to it
- Discovery sprints - identifying opportunities to create value for our customers, and defining the problem space to help manage risk
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience working within product teams, either as a designer or a product owner.
- Show the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you've employed on previous projects
- We don't expect a formal degree, but your depth and domain of knowledge is equivalent to that of a BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar.
- A working knowledge of developing and working with full-stack design systems.
- Experience working within a platform business, Ecommerce or online retail.
- You understand how to select and develop appropriate methods for prototyping and when to apply them as tools to remove risk.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.