Interim Lead Data Scientist experienced and able to work across our Search team for a 12 month period
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a Data team that does it all: big data engineering, machine learning, and deep-dive analytics and insight. We're a diverse, global team who create Data solutions to provide an unrivalled customer experience. Whether it's churning gigabytes of ecommerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone else, we use data to promote FARFETCH's growth.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
We are looking for an Interim Lead Data Scientist to join FARFETCH and help build the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion. You will join a team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers to help build our data-driven products, through research and experimentation in Search & Discovery. We are looking for someone who is autonomous, with relevant experience leading teams and supporting people's development.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Apply advanced Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Information Retrieval (IR) techniques with a focus on search relevance to drive business decisions;
- Mentor and help develop team members while keeping the focus on goals and deliverables;
- Work closely with the engineering team members to integrate machine learning algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in search, and support innovation inside the company through the use of disruptive technologies;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are an experienced Data Scientist who has worked within an E-commerce environment.
- You have significant experience delivering and productionising data science solutions, preferably in a leadership role;
- You understand ML basics, and working knowledge in NLP (word embeddings, named-entity recognition, information retrieval) and Search (Elasticsearch, Lucene, relevance matching);
- You are fluent in Python and passionate about ML technologies (NumPy, SciPy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MLflow);
- You have strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken;
- You are interested in keeping up-to-date with scientific advancements.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.