Interim Head of Content (12 month FTC)
As the Interim Head of Content (Mat Cover), you will be the business owner of all content -related programs and projects, using your exceptional store of knowledge, foresight and decision-making skills to drive our top strategic priorities and mid-to-long term content strategy.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We are a diverse, dynamic, global team of content creators, dedicated to communicating the Farfetch message to our customer. From catalogue management and product data, to size & fit solutions and localisation, the Content umbrella manages end to end content and asset creation, creating a unique luxury experience, found only on Farfetch.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
As the Interim Head of Content (Mat Cover), you will be the business owner of all content -related programs and projects, using your exceptional store of knowledge, foresight and decision-making skills to drive our top strategic priorities and mid-to-long term content strategy. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of stakeholder, change and upward management skills, excellent project direction skills and an instinctive focus on team development. You will interact with all levels throughout the organisation, primarily working with Business Operations, Product, Design, Commercial, Marketing, Brand, Linguistic Services and Product Catalogue Management.
You will lead the Content vertical which consists of Product Information and Copy teams. These are the teams responsible for producing engaging product descriptions, size and fit information, UX webtext, customer service copy, SEO listing descriptions and meta descriptions. As the team produces an enormous volume of e-commerce content and copy, you must have strong experience in operational content at a large scale and have a deep understanding of what makes e-commerce content shine for our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a large team (50+) of permanent and freelance content creators. You will have 2-3 senior managers/managers report directly to you and you’ll ultimately be accountable for the team’s success.
- Help develop and execute the content strategy as defined for FARFETCH marketplace, monitoring and reporting on KPIs to senior leadership
- Your day-to-day will include engaging in regular feedback and feedforward sessions, performance management, recruitment, development and retention initiatives to ensure a productive and happy team
- Plan, own and ensure delivery against the budget, headcount and temporary resources for the Content vertical
- Sponsor, lead and sign off on content-related programs and projects. This includes aligning content-related business cases to ensure they are prioritised in the business and tech development yearly roadmaps
- Build and streamline inter- and intra-departmental routines and processes to eliminate inefficiencies
- You will be your team’s ambassador and primary connection to your stakeholders
WHO YOU ARE
- Proven experience in leading and inspiring a large, highly specialised and target-driven team of content creators
- Strong commercial acumen and are highly skilled at identifying gaps and opportunities, then thinking big to solve customer and partner pain points with simple measures
- Forward thinking, with a solid track record of using innovation to deliver e-commerce content/copy
- Passionate about analysing and problem solving complex issues to make them scalable
- Highly adept at forging strong working relationships across the business and effectively influence those around you to work towards a common goal
- You act for the greater good of all teams, even when it’s beyond your area of expertise. You are a leader that trusts each other’s intent, supports resolution of problems with empathy, and welcomes mistakes as learning opportunities
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street