Senior Global Service Designer
As a Senior Service Designer you will lead the creation of new service concepts that continuously improve international customer and partner experiences to help our business meet its strategic goals.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We’re passionate about operational excellence, acting with our customers always in our heart. From Content Creation, to Payments and Fraud, to Delivery and Customer Care Services, we’re creating seamless and luxury experiences for our customers all around the world.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
We're the voice of our brand. We don’t read from a script; we deliver impeccable service to our luxury brand customers in our own way and have fun doing it. We've grown extensively over the last 3 years to become a global team of around 200 employees worldwide.
Our customers are at the forefront of our business and our multilingual teams do whatever it takes to offer them a first class service, wherever they are across the globe. Our teams also work across our innovative FF.com and Black&White platforms which provide end-to-end, multichannel e-commerce solutions exclusively to luxury fashion brands.
Reporting to the Senior Global Service Design Manager, we are looking for a Senior Service Designer to lead the creation of new service concepts that continuously improve international customer and partner experiences to help our business meet its strategic goals. Working closely with the wider Service Design team, Process Design team and communication specialists to conduct partner research and produce service design tools, such as personas, partner storyboards and journey maps to assess concept feasibility and keep the partner central to solutions. You will lead and facilitate a service solutions design process and run rapid prototypes to validate and iterate on ideas and roll out communications for new services that meet and exceed the needs of our customers and partners.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll lead small, medium and transformational Service Design Projects
- You’ll be the expert in our Customer and Partner experience with knowledge and authority of the end to end journey;
- Identify and prioritise customer needs/pain points to define future service experiences for our partners, balancing the need for global and localized solutions;
- Analyse failure within services and identify root causes for that failure;
- Arrange these separate interactions into descriptive and engaging journey maps
- Understand the existing supporting system of a service and design targeted improvements to that system to accommodate the new service;
- Conduct customer research projects, synthesising customer feedback into early stage customer personas, storyboards and journey maps;
- Work with teams to build and refine concepts, prototypes and designs;
- Create and rapidly iterate on service prototypes;
- Work with communications teams to deliver effective communications strategy to all partners
- Support teams and stakeholders to expand their Human-Centered Design skills
- Help land change that affects the Partner experience by promoting Partner centric end to end thinking
Who you are:
- You have demonstrable experience in a Service Design or other human centered design role for 3 years +
- You’re Passionate about Customer/Partner experience and Design thinking
- You understand how to meet customer and partner needs in a business to business environment;
- You have experience operating in an international environment and have awareness of the operational needs of various global regions;
- You can source and analyse data and research information;
- You have demonstrable experience developing service solutions; evaluating systems and infrastructure;
- You are confident assessing solutions and promoting / prioritising commercially viable ideas that best address key business and user needs;
- You have experience leading the discovery phase of a design project, including customer research and synthesis;
- You are passionate about creating and delivering market leading customer experiences at scale;
- You can clearly explain ideas in a way that other people understand using tools like; Journey Maps, presentations and other media
- You welcome the constructive criticism of their work and be able to constructively review the work of others;
- You Know how to remove complexity from services;
- You can explain design decisions and be able to represent a service at a service assessment;
- Engage a whole multidisciplinary team through a solution design process;
- You thoroughly and clearly document and communicate project status and impact to relevant teams and team members.
- You can operate within a fast-paced environment;
- You have a design related degree, or relevant industry experience;
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street