Sourcing Manager - Fashion Concierge
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the UK sourcing operation for Fashion Concierge at Farfetch. Managing a team of Brand Specialists, you are responsible for leading the team and inputting into the overall strategy to support the continued growth. Supporting the Business Development team and the Senior Manager for EMEA, you will help to maintain and grow our global supply network with strong brand relationships and leadership skills.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We’re dedicated to amazing our special customers through our luxury personalised service. We’re a truly global team with functions covering Personal Styling/Shopping, Marketing, Client Development, Customer Service and Operations. We understand the world of luxury fashion and lifestyle and we’re unique in our approach to building long-lasting relationships with our clients, helping them to discover magical experiences through Farfetch.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
Fashion Concierge is the ultimate global luxury sourcing service. Our mission is to elevate the Farfetch Private Client proposition by providing our clients with access to the most desirable items from across the globe. By leveraging our unrivalled (and ever-growing) luxury supply network through our in house, industry-leading technology we have changed the way global customers shop for luxury.
The role will be responsible for the day to day running of the UK sourcing operation for Fashion Concierge. Managing a team of Brand Specialists, you are responsible for leading the team and inputting into the overall strategy to support the continued growth. Supporting the Business Development team and the Senior Manager for EMEA, you will help to maintain and grow our global supply network with strong brand relationships and leadership skills.
The ideal profile is someone with strong commercial acumen, a deep knowledge of luxury fashion, and experience with working closely with luxury brands. You’ll have the capability to develop strategies and actions to enable the achievement of targets, but most importantly, you’ll be a natural leader, committed to developing and motivating your team to create a high-performance culture.
What you'll do
- Accountable for inputting into team and department strategies and then translating into operational and tactical plans, ensuring these are executed;
- Lead and work closely with global Sourcing Managers across APAC and US on identifying potential efficiency improvements and determining solutions, ensuring global consistency
- Analyse, manage and review KPI performance data identifying key development needs and reporting insights to the Fashion Concierge leadership team
- You’ll partner with functional leaders and teams on acquisition strategies, brand collaborations and partnerships to identify new business opportunities to continue to grow our Fashion Concierge portfolio
- Build effective partnerships with the local Private Client teams, promoting a culture of trust and respect. You will act as the voice of Fashion Concierge at local Private Client trade meetings
- Liaise with the Marketing and Client Development teams to help implement strategic client engagement campaigns, activities and events
- Work closely with brand partners to negotiate and elevate Fashion Concierge services
- Be the first point of escalation for any client issues, working in conjunction with other departments when necessary to resolve them
- Ensure that strong relationships are maintained with our local supply network
- Manage the engagement of new joiners to the Private Client team, ensuring they actively promote the Fashion Concierge service to their clients; Ensuring they have the correct tools/resources to support and promote
- Manage a team of Brand Specialists based in London and Braga. You will coach and develop the team to maximise individual productivity and help them all to realise their full potential
- Act as a brand ambassador for Fashion Concierge, both internally and externally.
Who you are
- You will be commercially aware and able to understand and interpret analytics into recommendations.
- You’ll have experience of contributing to, and executing on, business strategy to achieve overall organisation goals.
- Ideally, you will have had exposure to working closely and building relationships with luxury brand partners
- You will have experience in contributing to and executing on business development proposals from start to finish
- You will have a proven ability to engage and build customer relations and understand international and local customs
- Experience of working with an international client base and conducting cross-border sales is desirable
- You will have strong people management experience and a passion for sharing expertise and developing talent
- You will be self-motivated, pro-active and demonstrate strong organisational skills
- You are known for going above and beyond at all times with both internal and external customers
- You will enjoy finding solutions that are unique and revolutionary
- You will be a strong networker, able to influence situations whilst balancing the best interests of our business and our clients
- You will have a proven ability to work to strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street