Private Client Manager
As the Private Client Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of Private Client Stylists, who value the relationships they build with our most valuable clients, motivating them to achieve and exceed individual sales targets and robust KPIS. Your team will contribute to our growth and ambition to be the number one luxury fashion player. In this role, you’ll develop a unique skillset as you partner with functional leaders and stakeholders to design and implement the Farfetch Private Client strategy, aiming to engage and drive customer engagement, retention and loyalty.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We’re dedicated to amazing our special customers through our luxury personalised service. We’re a truly global team with functions covering Personal Styling/Shopping, Marketing, Client Development, Customer Service and Operations. We understand the world of luxury fashion and lifestyle and we’re unique in our approach to building long-lasting relationships with our clients, helping them to discover magical experiences through Farfetch.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
You’ll be responsible for leading a team of Private Client Stylists, who value the relationships they build with our most valuable clients, motivating them to achieve and exceed individual sales targets and robust KPIS. Your team will contribute to our growth and ambition to be the number one luxury fashion player. In this role, you’ll develop a unique skillset as you partner with functional leaders and stakeholders to design and implement the Farfetch Private Client strategy, aiming to engage and drive customer engagement, retention and loyalty. Through a variety of engagement and selling activities, you’ll ensure a seamless, exceptional luxury shopping experience for our Private Client customers. The ideal profile is someone with strong commercial and business acumen, a deep knowledge of luxury fashion, and experience of managing sales turnover and KPI management. You’ll have the capability to develop strategies and actions to enable the achievement of sales targets, but most importantly, you’ll be a natural leader, committed to developing and motivating your team to create a high performance culture. You will also have a passion for people development, career mapping and succession planning.
What you'll do
- You’ll collaborate with the Senior Private Client Manager to translate the department strategy into operational and tactical business action plans, to be executed by you and your team.
- You’ll analyse, manage and review selling activity and KPI’s (including but not limited to sales reports, client books, client acquisitions, client behaviour) for your team and region, continuously reviewing performance against set objectives, identifying potential efficiency improvements and determining solutions for at-risk areas and opportunities
- You’ll build, lead, motivate, develop and train your team using the company's find, train and retain framework. You will provide guidance and formulate action plans to help improve their sales techniques and clienteling with new clients including blackbook, existing and lapsed Private Clients, to grow and retain all our PC clients.
- You'll identify talent within your team understanding skill sets and competencies and be able to career path into potential roles within private client career path framework
- You'll work closely with your team on daily and weekly outreach communication strategies to our clients whilst being able to analyse the performance and impact of weekly edits, 121 communications to relevant tier base.
- You'll work closely with the Fashion Concierge Sourcing Team and be able to implement strategy and team and stylist objectives to increase sales and enhance our proposition for our clients.
- You'll oversee and support the management of stylists with any reseller or affiliate activity across your assigned geographic region.
- You'll be responsible for recruitment of exceptional, world class stylists within your team. You’ll manage the commission reporting of your team to the People team, ensuring accuracy and timely payment processing.
- You’ll partner with functional leaders and teams on acquisition strategies, brand collaborations and partnerships to identify new business opportunities to aggressively grow our Private Client portfolio.
- You’ll keep a breast of competitor Private Client sales strategies, updating the team to identify learning opportunities.
- You’ll support client development and client engagement activities (e.g. gifting, meals, events, styling appointments, shopping experiences, online and offline.) within your assigned geographic region.
- You’ll attend brand events to aid business development and act as a Farfetch brand ambassador whilst demonstrating networking abilities to enhance our PC proposition.
- You’ll define and manage budgets for your areas, controlling associated costs
- You’ll take the lead on projects, as and when required.
Who you are
- You’ll have proven experience in luxury fashion sales in a global organisation, with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets, and motivating a team to exceed targets.
- You’ll have experience of contributing to, and executing on, business strategy to achieve overall organisation goals.
- You’ll ideally have an intermediate understanding of basic marketing and events.
- You’ll be a natural leader with experience of people management, coaching and developing a team to build a high performance culture.
- You’ll have deep knowledge of current, international fashion trends, fashion designers and products, and the wants and needs of luxury customers. You’ll bring an existing strong client book, with an elite list of clients.
- You’ll ideally have experience of managing projects to deliver on time, in scope and budget.
- You’ll have excellent commercial and financial acumen, and an ability to understand and interpret analytics and financials into recommendations
- You’ll be a problem solver with an ability to turn a challenge into a solution to maximise opportunity
- You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication etiquette in our local language and English; a second language is advantageous.
- You’ll be comfortable with ambiguity, adopting a flexible approach. You’ll have strong computer literacy and an understanding of the digital world.
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street