The purpose of the role is building a blueprint for SOX compliance specific to stock management. Applying your expertise in SOX compliance you will be instrumental in implementing and championing best practice.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're passionate about operational excellence, acting with our customers and partners always in our heart. Covering the entire order journey, we create our online content, secure payments and fraud process compliance, ensure order fulfilment and delivery, while providing customer and partner care. In a nutshell, we love to create seamless and memorable luxury experiences for our customers all around the world.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Our Operations team power the movement of our stock! The Farfetch Group stock pool is global, high value and complex to navigate. We have thousands of items being imported, exported, and transferred between our sites every single day. Now we are a publicly listed company experiencing phenomenal growth, Farfetch have a responsibility to ensure the processes that underpin stock movements reporting are SOX compliant. It's our ambition to be 100% SOX compliant always, without exception, to reduce any risk to our business. This role reports into the Farfetch Head of Fulfillment (Europe) and you will work with our Global Operations teams and our network of global fulfilment partners. The purpose of the role is building a blueprint for SOX compliance specific to stock management. Applying your expertise in SOX compliance you will implement and champion best practice. Applying an auditor's lens to everything you do, you will identify and remedy any risks which compromise the integrity of our stock data and audit results, building long term solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define the parameters and specifications required to achieve 100% SOX compliance, building a view of what success looks like and aligning the team to this vision.
- Partner with stakeholders across the Farfetch Group such as the Operations and Audit teams and external stakeholders including Auditors, to gain insight of current challenges and risks to compliance.
- Build the compliance roadmap for the Operations team, prioritising efforts and laying the foundations for excellence.
- Define and coach partners on the responsibilities they have to influence stock movement and stock reporting as defined in the SOX register, highlighting the importance of SOX compliance.
- Conduct regular audits of the processes being carried out internally and externally (3PL's), implementing new processes concerned with the reporting of stock movement wherever there is room to improve compliance.
- Learn from best practice stock management and reporting being carried out in any corners of our business, applying this best practice to the wider group.
- Operationalize the compliance roadmap by introducing a comprehensive suite of compliance data and best practice compliance reporting, familiarising the team with this data and building dialogue around the insights.
- Be guided by high-quality data, flagging and escalating any risks to the relevant operations team for full investigation, being accountable for risks until they are resolved.
- Drive and influence behavioural change around how tools and systems are utilised by all teams, driving a 'system first' response to support accurate reporting on our stock position at any point in time.
- Plan and prepare the business for periodic audits, driving a shift towards continuous auditing practices.
- Organise quarterly and yearly meetings with our third-party auditors, delivering the results of the Farfetch stock audits and actioning any feedback stemming from audits carried out by our external auditors.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience in SOX procedures for publicly listed companies
- Experience in a logistics and operations environment, with previous exposure to a warehouse or with auditors
- Experience presenting data in an impactful way
- Strong warehouse management system and ERP knowledge
- Senior stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence all levels of the organisation
- Ability to think innovatively and to turn that into a viable, operational plan
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Proven experience building effective relationships with senior leadership teams.
- Thrives on complex challenges with a problem-solving approach.
- Experience in Retail and E-commerce, with a focus on multi-channel environments, would be a bonus.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.