Senior BI Analyst - Analytics & Reporting Projects
Experienced Senior BI Analyst, responsible for identifying opportunities, defining the approach and providing data and reporting to inform both small and large Projects across the Farfetch Group.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We’re designing impactful products and experiences that fulfil all our customer and partner needs from fashion lovers to the brands, boutiques and start-ups that operate within our platform ecosystem. Our team covers the Farfetch.com website and apps, all our B2B products and in-store experiences. We’re passionate about what we can achieve together, continuously researching, testing, launching and refining new products to push the boundaries of what’s never been done before.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
Are you a talented and experienced BI Analyst who can turn your skills to any business problem? Are you an expert in analysing large and complex datasets, quickly finding insights, and defining how others can use them efficiently and at scale? Are you looking for a fresh challenge, to work on varied projects with executives and stakeholders at all levels, and shape our Data strategy?
We are looking for a self starter who thrives on working with complex problems, that are often not yet clearly defined, finding smart innovative solutions that are both tactical and strategic, juggling multiple challenges and stakeholders, and recommending priorities - all in a fast paced environment.
This is a new team of 5, including a Senior Manager, and this role will report into the Senior Manager. They in turn, will report into the Head of Analytics, sitting within the Chief Data Officer’s central data organisation.
Projects could be small or large, and examples might be; redesigning our web and app tracking data & reporting, or looking at how we optimise BigQuery usage across analyst teams (both strategically critical to maximising value from our data), or analysis to inform our single customer view, or working with new business areas - such as Stadium Goods or Harrods - to help them identify opportunity and set up their analytical capability. You will work alongside our existing business unit Analyst teams, and will be part of our large and growing community of c. 100 analysts and BI developers.
What you'll do:
- Proactively identify and build data, ETLs and reporting to inform key projects, and drive valuable insights and business action
- Juggle multiple projects and stakeholders - delivering quick, agile progress and recommending priorities
- Communicate effectively with all levels of stakeholder to share insights or solutions concisely and accurately
- Collaborate with teams across the business to develop joint action plans, define roles & responsibilities and phase work accordingly
- Add value to requests from business leaders and build logic that will produce analytical measures to tell the story of what is happening. This requires a strong understanding of business goals, processes and data flows, to ‘be the voice of the customer’, and do this transferable across projects
- Develop custom analysis, reporting and ETLs via SQL and BI tools to provide these valuable insights to stakeholders and leadership on an ongoing basis
- Help develop our scalable approach to data at Farfetch; improving, innovating and championing initiatives around: actionable insights, single version of the truth, automation, BQ & BI performance, data quality, harmonisation and governance
- Help define our Farfetch Reporting Strategy and provide business cases for investment in our tools, or identify appropriate process and custom developments to enhance our existing toolset and how we use it
- Contribute to our Analytics Community; building relationships, defining ways of working, and helping us build our capability
- Be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of analysis, data and reports to ensure a high quality of standards.
Who you are:
- A professional with experience developing data models and dashboards using a number of BI and ETL tools, ideally with e-commerce orientation
- A graduate of a Bachelor of Science program or a higher level post-secondary educational program in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Operation Research, or quantitative disciplines
- Expert in using SQL and BI tools to deliver insight on very large or complex datasets, including: Strong understanding of how to write performant and best practice code on large data sets in BigQuery. Expert in defining checks and setting alerts to ensure data is delivered on time and accurately. Dimensional modeling in relational/columnar databases, and expertise in NoSQL modeling is a big plus
- Experienced with BI and data visualization tools such as Looker (preferred), Tableau, Qlikview, Business Objects, PowerBI, Excel etc. And ETL/automation tools such as DBT, Airflow, python
- You are detail-oriented with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- A strong communicator with presentation skills, both verbal and written
- An excellent strategic thinker and with analytical skills, ideally developed in a commercial role preferably within an Internet or retail/consumer products business and/or management consulting
- Strong professional work ethic - following up on actions, pushing projects forwards, and collaborating to deliver as a single effective team
- Experienced in leveraging data and analytics to solve real-world problems and create new solutions
- An individual that can change directions quickly to respond to new information and changing circumstance
- Able to break work down to deliver in an agile fashion towards these holistic solutions, delivering value and iterating quickly
- ‘Can do’ mindset, offering solutions rather than problems
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street