Reporting into the Senior Product Content Supervisor, the purpose of the Product Sub-Editor role at Farfetch is to ensure all product descriptions are on-brand and accurate. Working with a multitude of varied luxury fashion brands, you will need to ensure consistent TOV competently with a keen eye for detail.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We are a diverse, dynamic, global team of content creators, dedicated to communicating the Farfetch message to our customer. From catalogue management and product data, to size & fit solutions and localisation, the Content umbrella manages end to end content and asset creation, creating a unique luxury experience, found only on Farfetch.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
About the role:
Reporting into the Senior Product Content Supervisor, the purpose of the Product Sub-Editor
role is to ensure all product descriptions are on-brand and accurate. Working with a
multitude of varied luxury fashion brands, you will need to ensure consistent TOV
competently with a keen eye for detail.
You will have experience in an editing or writing role ideally within luxury fashion or
What you’ll do:
- Ensure fashion product descriptions are accurate, concise and informative, flagging and addressing issues.
- Responsible for sub-editing product editorial copy according to Farfetch TOV; working to tight daily deadlines, to check accuracy of product copy against images, as well as grammar, spelling and formatting
- Maintain quality of content on product and landing pages with regular quality checks, working alongside the QC team
- Carry out monthly quality reporting, checking 10% of core team work and feeding this back to the team
- In depth training and on-boarding with new starters
- Develop in house workshops alongside the Senior Specialist to ensure the development of the product information team writers
- Own the house style glossary ensuring it is up to date and that the team are aware of any changes.
Who you are:
- You have a strong proofreading and subbing background ideally in a fashion ecommerce environment
- Experience within luxury retail, with a sound knowledge of luxury fashion, designers and brands
- Degree in English
- Confident and experienced working with strict TOV guidelines
- Able to showcase a good understanding of garment and accessory construction
- Commitment to deliver first class work every time, with very strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Highly self-motivated and passionate about the Farfetch brand.
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street