Head of Global Client Services - FPS
Founded in 2015, FPS is a full service agency providing end-to-end, multichannel ecommerce and digital solutions exclusively for luxury fashion brands. We pride ourselves on delivering world class client service, from project management of the website or solution build and maintenance through to ongoing e-commerce consultancy.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
Commercial & Sustainability
We're partnering with global brands and the most influential and renowned boutique curators to bring our customers an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality. We’re relationship builders, we’re solution finders and we’re analysts. We work with all areas of the Farfetch business to improve our social and environmental impact while delivering business success. We want to empower our consumers to buy better, improve our operational footprint, and explore new business models that improve our impact.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
The Client facing commercial team is split in two streams: Commercial Project Management and Client Services Ecommerce Management. The former is very much focused on ensuring the client has everything in place to enable success, and the latter’s responsibility is to drive website performance, ecommerce strategy and ensure we meet our overall existing-client revenue commitment to the business.
As Head of Client Services you will lead the client services function managing a fast growing team across London and New York, this role is dual-focused: it’s about building, managing and coaching a new team – ensuring they have the necessary support and skillset required to drive the financial performance of clients’ e-commerce sites. It’s also about being a knowledgeable and trusted consultant to the client, supporting them through their full FPS lifecycle, from developing the business case through to defining the retail strategy and ultimately the trading performance. We want this person to really be an extension of our clients’ team and to be a trusted and senior partner to our most senior and demanding clients.
This role would suit a strategic and analytical thinker, who prides themselves on their outstanding knowledge of all aspects of e-commerce, but also is able to deliver world class client service and support. You will have responsibility and ownership for delivering our overall GMV commitment in addition to working closely with the Commercial Director in order to secure and sign new business. The role will form one of the key members of the senior management team of FPS team.
What you'll do
- Leading the overall client services function within FPS and define the overall vision and strategy for how we deliver flawless levels of client service
- Setting the overall standard and pace to ensure excellent levels of client servicing for clients within the FPS portfolio
- Taking ownership of all client relations. Lead strong working relationships into the C-Suite with an ability to operate among some of the most challenging and demanding senior leaders in the luxury industry
- Regularly presenting business reviews to our clients in order to define strategy, drive growth and overall client satisfaction
- Showing credibility and tenacity in client facing situations in order to gain buy in for our proposed plans and strategies to be executed
- Leading the team in pulling together both strategic and operational plans to help turn around clients with more challenging performance
- Accountability for overall trade commitment for existing clients ensuring individual and overall GMV and broader ecommerce commitments and targets are met and exceeded
- Leading, managing and coaching a high performing and motivated client services function with accountability for team performance
- Supporting FPS clients with their forecasting and buying (with support from the FF merchandising teams)
- Managing an ambitious and demanding team within the confines of our overall commercial structure
- Setting measurable goals and KPIs for the team to ensure overall success
- Taking overall ownership of FPS clients’ ecommerce strategy, owning the execution of that strategy across internal and external teams
- Leading larger, more complex and strategic projects for the business (e.g. Store of the Future integration, China activation)
- Independently owning and solving complex client and business problems
- Involvement in business development where required and ability to manage more strategic client prospects
- Working closely with our teams in Porto (Product, Engineering, Operations and Production) ensuring these teams are set up in order to deliver excellent levels of client service.
- Working with FPS Product team to develop business cases for future product development
- Participating in appropriate strategic discussions at the FPS board
- Developing close relationships with x-functional teams in order to deliver the best of Farfetch to our clients (Media Solutions, Brand Partnerships, Store of the Future)
- Leading business planning and forecasting for the client services function
- Overseeing key processes to ensure efficient delivery for the client services function
- Ensuring all outgoing work is flawless prior to client delivery
Who you are
- 10+ years experience in a client facing role in at least one of the following areas: digital marketing, product management, ecommerce, internet, high-growth start-up
- Education: Degree from a top tier university with a strong quantitative component
- A good understanding of the luxury fashion industry
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present with gravitas and engage the most senior client stakeholders
- Outstanding execution skills with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding work planning and time management skills: ability to prioritize
- Confidence in presenting to and working with senior team members
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the business: tailoring materials to different audiences
- A passion for numbers and outstanding analytical skills including:
- Ability to analyse and communicate insights regarding all key digital marketing metrics
- Ability to build business cases and perform thorough sense checks on numbers
- Able to appropriately combine attention to detail with longer term big picture/strategic thinking
- Intermediate/advanced excel, experience with Google analytics
- Worked in client facing or service led roles and with the ability to influence clients and internal stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills: Ability to motivate and inspire a team in more challenging and demanding working environments through a variety of tools and methods
- Professional attitude and a real pride in quality of work
- Tenacity with a smile
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, adaptable environment
- Strong commercial and business development skills
- Willing to travel regularly for work
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street