Data Scientist - Machine Learning & Knowledge Graphs
To take us to the next level, we are looking for a Data Scientist with extensive experience in Python and unrivaled enthusiasm in Statistical Analysis, Knowledge Graphs, and Machine Learning.
Fashion DNA and Personalisation
How can we inspire our customers and facilitate hyper-personalising the customer experience across touch-points such as search and recommendations?
We’re building out a new platform, the Fashion Knowledge Graph. Using the latest statistical and machine learning techniques you can help realise tremendous impact mapping fashion DNA to decode personal style.
As a member of the Inspiration data science team, you will play a key role in the establishment of a new platform, with opportunities to create enormous benefits for Farfetch customers. This role will involve deriving valuable insights from our data warehouse and graph database and building out machine learning models to recognise fashion entities as well as models to infer fashion DNA from relationships in the graph. You may work with a range of data including text and images.
In return you can expect an opportunity to shine, plenty of support from a talented team, and a friendly and positive working environment.
What you'll do
- Perform analysis using tech such as Pandas, SQL, and Cypher to identify challenges and opportunities, deriving valuable insights
- Prototype, test, and develop machine learning models, such as to recognise fashion entities in text/images, or to infer fashion DNA from knowledge graph relationships
- Collaborate with team members in an agile environment
- Provide solutions for problems with substantial commercial impact
- Conduct experiments to show causal impact of new ideas or implementations
- Produce clearly written narratives, documents and decks to communicate actionable recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders
Who you are
- Have extensive experience writing clean and concise production-ready code in Python and at least one of Bash, Go, or JS
- Have strong skills in statistics, probability, and machine learning
- Are proficient in or highly enthusiastic about graph analysis and graph AI using tools like Neo4j, Cypher, GraphQL, or the RDF Semantic Web stack
- Have experience in analysing data using statistical techniques and conducting experiments using SQL and Pandas
- You have a solid understanding of Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, or Computer Vision
- You are familiar with TensorFlow
- Are extremely capable of working with machine learning software - having a working knowledge of productionising models: Git version control, unit tests, and containers
- Work well as an individual and as part of a team that loves to deploy best practices
- Have a strong ability to abstract complex problems to their essential components and design and implement elegant solutions for them
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street