Senior Data Scientist - Recommendations- 12 month FTC
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist- Mat Cover to join our global effort in Machine Learning applied to our Personalization department - we are seeking to leverage our data to improve the shopping experience of some of the most sophisticated luxury lovers on the planet!
We want to automate and improve customer experience, leveraging our understanding of the customers to improve the way we communicate with them across multiple channels. As the largest luxury fashion platform, our consumer products span billions of data points and millions of customers.
In particular, we are seeking to optimise our machine learning models to predict customer behaviour, learn the customer reaction to different product experiences, and understand who are the customers in our base that we should identify and nurture.
We are a pragmatic team and pick whatever technique is appropriate for the task at hand (including but not limited to Deep Learning, Gradient Boosting, Graph Modelling, Recommender Systems, etc), keeping an eye to what is happening in academia and in the industry to stay on top of recent developments. We work in Python running on a Kubernetes cluster in Google Cloud.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, willing to own complex projects from the business problem to production and ensure their delivery. If you are looking for an opportunity to work with large volumes of data and to provide a high impact to the business from day one, this is your place! This role will require to work with remote teams - we are working on global initiatives having an impact across different countries.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop state of the art algorithms focusing in particular on customer behavioral models and automation/optimisation;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to integrate machine learning (ML) algorithms into our backend or connect them to third-party tools;
- Support the design and scoping of new Data Science Products, working with business stakeholders to identify key areas of potential growth for the company;
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience driven by Consumer Product and automate our processes;
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
Who you are:
- You have a MSc or PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline;
- You have relevant and extensive industry experience in a Machine Learning or Data Science role, ideally with exposure within eCommerce
- You have created or improved data products in the past, with demonstrable business impact;
- Experience in Python software development (ideally on production-grade code, including code reviews, agile development, version control etc) and familiar with ML/scientific packages (e.g. Pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, gensim, keras, TensorFlow, PyMC3, PyStan, nltk, spacy);
- You have experience in using state of the art ML techniques in a business setting, such as Bayesian modeling, neural networks, graph ML, reinforcement learning etc, or a keen interest to learn.
- Not afraid of failing, because we challenge assumptions and push boundaries since we have a culture of experimentation and learning from our mistakes so that we continuously improve!
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street