Senior BI Analyst
We are looking for a unique individual who is talented in creating systematic and automated processes and tools for reporting data and insights across marketing and the wider business. You will have a huge impact and take our BI to the best in class system.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We’re a diverse team of Marketing professionals, spanning artistic and scientific expertise. We’re driven to amaze our global community of customers through our data-driven approach, revolutionary spirit, test and learn culture and collaborative style. All for the love of fashion.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
The Reporting Solutions team is part of a vision to build a centralised Hub responsible for setting the standards for BI across Farfetch. You will actively work with diverse stakeholders like Marketing, Product and Commercial in order to define and implement best-practice reporting that will allow Farfetch to continue growing rapidly.
This is the ultimate role for the detail-orientated analyst who enjoys manipulating vast amounts of data and loves the challenge of creating highly automated solutions for reporting data and insight! You have the ambition to make our reporting solutions best in class.
You will be a person that thrives in solving complex problems in a fast paced environment, balancing tactical needs whilst strategically driving long term solution.
You will work collaboratively as a team and with our business colleagues, both in London and across our other locations, to shape the technical direction of a critical part of Farfetch.
Your opportunities to develop range from working directly with data engineers to grow technically, as well as working alongside Marketing and Finance to grow commercially.
What you'll do:
- You will have ownership of our BI reporting tool, Looker, currently being used by over 1000 users in the past 30 days - including defining its policies and best practices across Farfetch
- You will design and deliver best-in-class data products and reporting by building and evolving our a reporting infrastructure in Looker, DBT and BigQuery
- You will build a business case for new data sources/tools if necessary
- You will ensure a high level of data quality for core data sources and critical KPIs
- You will build robust solutions with checks and alerting across the data pipeline
- You will continuously optimise the performance of our ETLs and refactor SQL code for faster processing to ensure that dashboards are updated on a regular cadence
- You will embrace agile ways of working as part of a collaborative team environment
- You will work cross-functionally with other data disciplines on strategic initiatives
- You will lead on innovation and nextgen thinking for BI in Farfetch and the industry
Who you are:
- You are advanced in SQL
- You are detail-oriented with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- You are an expert in manipulating large data sets in a professional environment
- You are a strong communicator regardless of format (email, documentation, presentation, discussion)
- You are able to collaborate with both commercial and technical stakeholders (technical product managers, development leads)
- You have advanced developer experience with Looker
- You feel comfortable setting the visualisation standards for reporting and dashboarding in companies
- You are commercial with the ability to translate business needs to execute technically
- You have a product oriented mindset with a key focus on best practices and scalability
- You have a BS in computer science, engineering, information systems or other highly quantitative field
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience rolling out Looker in large organisations, including training teams on how to use it
- You have working knowledge of Python
- Experience defining data governance principles surrounding sensitive datasets containing personal data
- Extensive experience with structuring and writing scalable ETLs utilising tools such as DBT and Airflow
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line and Git
- Experience developing enterprise dimensional model across the organisation
- Experience abiding by Data Governance best practices, including how to properly structure and document your code for easy re-use across teams
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street