We are looking for a unique individual who is talented in creating systematic and automated processes and tools for reporting data and insights across marketing and the wider business. You will have a huge impact and take our BI to the best in class system.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse team of Marketing professionals, spanning artistic and scientific expertise. We’re driven to amaze our global community of customers through our data-driven approach, revolutionary spirit, test and learn culture and collaborative style. All for the love of fashion.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
The Reporting Solutions team is part of a vision to build reporting data products that impact some of our most challenging and high visible projects. You will be fully aligned to our Marketing, Private Client and Customer Insight vertical.
This is the ultimate role for the detail-orientated analyst who enjoys manipulating vast amounts of data and loves the challenge of creating highly automated solutions for reporting data and insight! You have the ambition to make our reporting solutions to the best in class system.
You will be a person that thrives in solving complex problems in a fast paced environment, balancing tactical needs whilst strategically driving long term solution.
You will work collaboratively as a team and with our business colleagues, both in London and across our other locations, to shape the technical direction of a critical part of Farfetch.
Your opportunities to develop range from working directly with data engineers to grow technically, as well as working alongside marketing and finance to grow commercially.
What you'll do:
- You will have ownership of reporting solutions for Marketing, Customer and Private Client in Farfetch
- You will design and deliver best-in-class data products and reporting by building and evolving our a reporting infrastructure in Looker, DBT and BigQuery
- You will gain in-depth understanding of the commercial objectives of Marketing, Customer and Private Client and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources and tools whilst identifying new ones
- You will build a business case for new data sources/tools if necessary
- You will ensure a high level of data quality for core data sources and critical KPIs
- You will build robust solutions with checks and alerting across the data pipeline
- You will continuously optimise the performance of our ETLs and refactor SQL code for faster processing to ensure that dashboards are updated on a regular cadence
- You will embrace agile ways of working as part of a collaborative team environment
- You will work cross-functionally with other data disciplines on strategic initiatives
- You will lead on innovation and nextgen thinking for BI in Farfetch and the industry
Who you are:
- You have a degree from a top-tier university
- You are advanced in SQL
- You are detail-oriented with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- You are an expert in manipulating large data sets in a professional environment
- You are a strong communicator regardless of format (email, documentation, presentation, discussion)
- You are able to collaborate with both commercial and technical stakeholders (technical product managers, development leads)
- You have developer experience with BI tools, preferably Looker
- You are commercial with the ability to translate business needs to execute technically
- You have a product oriented mindset with a key focus on best practices and scalability
- You have a BS in computer science, engineering, information systems or other highly quantitative field
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience rolling out new projects in Looker with LookML and training teams on how to use it
- You have working knowledge of Python
- Experience defining data governance principles surrounding sensitive datasets containing personal data
- You have knowledge or experience in digital marketing tech stack (e.g. DoubleClick, DoubleClick For Publishers, Facebook, DMPs like BlueKai)
- Familiarity with structuring and writing scalable ETLs utilising tools such as DBT and Airflow
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line and Git
- Experience developing enterprise dimensional model across the organisation
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street