Software Engineer - Data
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
About the team:
Konnekt Engineering is driving the development of a highly autonomous and empowered data platform at Farfetch. Composed of data engineers and software engineers, we move fast to deliver a big impact to some of our most challenging and high visibility projects.
To achieve this we are building a full stack of capabilities, from managing our own infrastructure, creating data assets and pipelines, to developing services and software, all with the goal of unlocking huge value across a wide variety of initiatives.
Working collaboratively as a team, together with data scientists and our business colleagues, both here in London and across our other locations, you’ll be shaping the technical direction of a critically important part of Farfetch.
What you'll do:
- As a software engineer you will be tasked with a wide assortment of challenges, including, but not limited to
- Provisioning and tuning services such as Spark clusters, Kafka clusters, and more
- Creating CI/CD pipelines leveraging Terraform and Helm
- Writing new microservices, both product specific, and core to our platform
- Supporting new pipelines using Spark, Airflow, Dataflow, BigQuery, and more
- Using industry standard monitoring, alerting, and logging tools to improve system visibility and make sure we adhere to SLAs
- Optimizing all of the above for performance, quality, and cost
Who you are:
- You have a few years of experience as a software engineer and are looking for that broader challenge, or perhaps you’re a data engineer looking to get more hands on with the underlying tech stack, or maybe you’re a devops engineer looking to get a bit closer to the products and data. If any of these sound like you, then don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Python and Java are our main programming languages but we’d love to speak to great engineers from all backgrounds. After all, an engineer is much more than just having the ability to code in a specific language! Mentoring and training is part of our team’s philosophy.
- Our technology stack is ever evolving – but right now these are just a few of the languages, tools, and providers we use to get the job done:
- Python / Java
- Spark / Airflow / Dataflow
- BigQuery / Azure Data Lake
- Kafka / Redis / Postgres / SQLServer
- Kubernetes / Docker
- Terraform / Helm / Helmsman / Jenkins
- Tensorflow / Scipy / Pymc3 / Scikit-learn / OpenCV
- Prometheus / Grafana / ELK
- Azure, GCP
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street