Beam are looking for a Director of Business Development to join their team in London.
As a Director of Business Development, you're a senior leader at Beam and a highly talented, entrepreneurial all-rounder who thrives on making an impact.
You're an entrepreneur by nature - this is a role for someone who gets energy from building new things and turning bright ideas into reality.
You’re analytical and strategic, but someone who loves nothing more than rolling up your sleeves to make things happen - whatever that takes.
You’re deeply commercial, and have a stellar track record kicking off or growing revenue lines and refining customer propositions.
You’re a confident and articulate, including with the most senior stakeholders, and a superb presenter and communicator.
You’re a people person who’s built measurable, long-term value in a previous role by building enduring professional relationships.
You’re hungry to pioneer the most effective model in history to help disadvantaged people build new careers and companies to meet their diversity hiring goals.
This role is based in London and reports to Cofounder and COO, Seb Barker.
- Building a world-class diversity recruitment service, Beam Recruit, that supports people into a range of quality, stable careers
- Closing partnerships with partners ranging from startups to FTSE 100s, in industries ranging from financial services to construction
- Working with an eclectic group of stakeholders to help shape the national conversation on diversity hiring
- Building and accrediting a network of corporate partners that can employ people using Beam and generate sustainable income for Beam
- Taking overall responsibility for Beam Recruit KPIs and being a data-driven problem solver while remaining deeply empathic
- Growing Beam’s corporate donations to become a major driver of our annual donation volume
- Building and leading Beam’s growing team of world-class recruiters (known as ‘Talent Associates’)
- Overseeing frontline work undertaken by Beam with the homeless people looking to start work
- Iterating and optimising elements of the ‘Member Journey’: a set of scalable, operational processes designed to support disadvantaged people into work
- >3 years high-quality professional experience in a startup or leading corporate in a partnerships, sales or account management role
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude - someone who thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- Experience managing, motivating and getting the best out of teams and people
- High level of articulacy and comfortable presenting and with presentation software (eg PowerPoint and/or Keynote)
- No need to write code, but we’ll expect you to be tech-savvy when it comes to using and adopting the best digital tools
- No need to have come from a social enterprise, but we’ll expect you to be passionate about social mobility
- Knocking on doors until one opens - the resilience and determination to find the way to get the job done, however tough
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
Nice to have
- Volunteering or paid work with people who've experienced homelessness or other disadvantaged groups
- Experience within a highly entrepreneurial environment, ideally as a tech startup cofounder
- Experience and a strong network in the recruitment, healthcare or construction sectors
- Strong data-related skills, including with Excel, SQL, GA and other analytics platforms
Compensation & Perks
- £50-70k - we're open to hearing from people with a broad range of experiences
- EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- Work-hard, play-hard culture with an annual mini-break (subject to social distancing rules)
- Brand new MacBook Air or PC
- £200 annual learning budget and £250 annual wellbeing budget
- Perkbox perks
- 'Beam team talks' with some of the UK's leading tech entrepreneurs
We're a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose and want to learn fast and make a real difference, get in touch.
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.