Senior Planning Analyst
The Commercial Planning function at Farfetch is a growing team of commercial and technical experts working to manage the Farfetch marketplace supply and merchandise proposition – working with boutique and brand partners to source the best supply and deliver the best range of products, in line with what our customers are looking for.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
Commercial & Sustainability
We're partnering with global brands and the most influential and renowned boutique curators to bring our customers an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality. We’re relationship builders, we’re solution finders and we’re analysts. We work with all areas of the Farfetch business to improve our social and environmental impact while delivering business success. We want to empower our consumers to buy better, improve our operational footprint, and explore new business models that improve our impact.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
The supply planning function is a critical element of our marketplace, which depends on a consistently strong range, both in terms of breadth and depth, in order to maintain and enhance Farfetch’s fashion authority and keep customers coming back.
The Senior Planning Analyst will independently scope out and drive projects that help us better diagnose our supply “health”, identify areas to optimize and grow, and ultimately shape what the future range on our marketplace looks like. You will help us turn our spreadsheets into stories. Your goal is to deliver critical actionable analytical insights that will take our Commercial strategy and execution to the next level, finding ways to effectively communicate these insights to the business
You will be joining an agile, fast paced, insight-driven and collaborative team focused on leveraging data to guide commercial decisions that directly support the broader business’s ambitious growth plan. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work.
You will work closely with colleagues from across the business, including Strategy, Marketing, Brand & Boutique Management, Finance, Operations and Data Science, to build repeatable, scalable tools and processes and drive continual improvement.
What you’ll do:
- You will develop advanced planning methodologies, tools and processes in order to understand and maximise our supply effectively, such as:
- Producing medium to long term Supply and Demand forecasts to ensure we are well placed to deliver on our overall growth objectives for the Farfetch Marketplace
- Develop tools, processes, and reports (working with our BI team) to monitor our supply health on an ongoing basis and pro-actively identify and act on risks and opportunities
- You will play a key role in defining and implementing our future range strategy, for example:
- Identifying the most attractive areas for growth – based on both historical performance and future potential
- Assessing the right mix of brands / categories to deliver a comprehensive range for our customers
- Developing initiatives to deliver this strategy, and work with the relevant teams to implement them
- You will be the business partner to a large spectrum of key stakeholders from the business, in and out the commercial team, and this could range from:
- Working with the Brand Partnership, Business Development and Account Management teams to explore opportunities to grow the most desirable stock
- Working with our Creative Operations team to ensure we get the best items online as quick as possible
- Working with Pricing and Online Merchandising team to identify and execute on levers to maximise the potential of our stock
- Working with Finance team to validate your forecasts and ensure the business is driving in the right direction with the right target.
- You will answer key business questions shedding light on stock and partner performances
Who you are:
- Experienced in Supply and Demand Planning and/or Consulting
- You have a Master’s degree or a MBA (preferred)
- Excellent planning, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Advanced forecasting and data modelling techniques
- Ability to influence change in senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker that can effectively leverage data to deliver operationally and commercially relevant insights
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work focus
- Comfortable working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Excel and SQL (required), R, Matlab, Python (is a plus)
- Understanding the fashion and luxury industry is a very big plus!
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity, real pride in quality of work and an
- understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street