In this truly generalist role you are the key interface between the People team and your client groups. You’ll be responsible for building credible and trusted relationships with business leaders, and will design and own a People plan that is aligned to Farfetch’s strategic priorities and values. The role will also have an HR functional focus, partnering with the Head of People, UK, to maintain an engaged and developing team, and leading on local projects which help us to create a culture where our people thrive.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a global, forward-thinking and collaborative team, with the mission to create a “Happy People Revolution”. We’re here to find, grow and keep the best talent and build a world-class company where individuality is empowered. We’re inspiring Farfetchers around the world to live our values every day and to keep doing what’s never been done.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
About the departments: We're a progressive and innovative global team, comprised of a large People Partnering team and Centres of Excellence in Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, HR Systems, People Analytics and Internal Communications. Our work is as exciting as it is varied, as we shape the future for Farfetchers across the globe to do what’s never been done. From hiring stars for our fast-growing business, to providing our innovators with the opportunity to learn and develop their talents – we’re busy creating a ‘Happy People Revolution’ and a company that people dream of working for.
About the role:In this truly generalist role you are the key interface between the People team and your client groups. You’ll be responsible for building credible and trusted relationships with business leaders, and will design and owna People plan that is aligned to Farfetch’s strategic priorities and values. The role will also have an HR functional focus, partnering with the Head of People, UK, to maintain an engaged and developing team, and leading on local projects which help us to create a culture where our people thrive.
What you'll do
- Partner with senior leaders in your client groups, Talent Acquisition and People team CoE’s to co-create a holistic, strategic plan to deliver against our business and people strategy
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure that your client groups have the optimal organisational structure, processes and policies in place, as well as the capability to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Be an active member of your client groups’ leadership teams and contribute to business strategy, driving activities to improve employee engagement and retention
- Develop trusted partnerships with senior leaders, providing thought leadership, challenge, and solutions-focused coaching and advice
- Build strong relationships with regional People Partners and work in partnership to execute a global, functional people strategy (where applicable).
- Manage complex and high level employee relations cases, in line with our values.
- Analyse and report on People data for your client areas, providing insight, trends and recommendations on key areas of focus to inform business decisions
- Design and deliver engaging learning programs, as and when required
- Lead and drive functional, cyclical people processes and initiatives, including the performance and compensation review process, talent mapping, our employee engagement survey and othersLead with empathy, inclusion and compassion, considering team morale and engagement at all times
- Coach, develop and guide junior team members that support your business areas
- Lead on large scale, medium-high impact projects within the People team and for your functional areas, when required.
Who you are:
- Proven generalist HR experience at business partnering level, in a fast-paced, ambiguous, high-growth or progressive environment.
- Knowledge of the functional discipline of the areas you’re partnering with is advantageous
- Passionate about understanding your client groups inside out; knowing how they operate and how they influence the commercials.
- You don’t just settle for ‘how it’s always been done here’, or ‘how I’ve done it elsewhere’; you’re always striving to ‘do it differently and better’ and continuously innovate and inspire with new thinking and external insight, to devise revolutionary initiatives for Farfetch
- Solid UK employment law knowledge and an ability to lead and manage complex employee relations cases
- Proven experience of supporting change and driving growth.
- Strong commercial acumen, with an ability to speak the ‘language of the business’
- Proven experience of leading and delivering projects on time, in scope and within budget
- Demonstrable experience in juggling multiple priorities at once and achieving against tight deadlines.
- Able to self-organise, driven to achieve results and takes accountability.
- Experience of managing, coaching and developing teams with a compassionate and authentic leadership style, adopting a collaborative and inclusive approach
- Able to think strategically and see the bigger picture and also act operationally to transform people strategies into action.
- Analytical thinker who can connect data and measurements to HR activity
- A creative, proactive problem solver that deals effectively with change and ambiguity.
- You have a growth mindset and thrive in a creative, fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven track record of building effective relationships with senior leadership teams, working in a ‘trusted advisor’ style and able to engage, stakeholder manage, and influence at all levels and across borders and matrices.
- You’re a stickler for accuracy, attention to detail and data protection. A love of learning and self-development. You have a passion for HR and an interest in progressing your career.
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street