An exciting opportunity to join the Tax Team of a dynamic, fast growing, technology business, supporting the expansion of the group and improving assurance on VAT applicable to the Group.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
We're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
An exciting opportunity to join the Tax Team of a dynamic, fast growing, technology business, supporting the expansion of the group and improving assurance on VAT applicable to the Group. The VAT manager will have a mixed role between EU VAT compliance and advisory, and work on all VAT matters related to the companies of the Farfetch Group with special focus on EMEA. You will provide practical, commercial advice to the business and to the finance team, reporting directly to the Group Head of Indirect Tax.
What you'll do
- Work with the Group Head of Indirect Tax to develop and deliver a robust strategy for VAT across the Group in EMEA with special focus in the EU supply-chain.
- Responsibility for review and approval of EU VAT returns and reconciliation procedures of the Farfetch Group.
- Be the main point of contact for internal and external audit teams on questions around the VAT position of the group in the EU.
- Responsibility for the delivery of the tax technology project delivery on EU VAT compliance automation.
- Develop and implement a plan to drive improvement into the Group’s end to end EU VAT compliance processes and systems to ensure robust processes are in place to support the growth of the business. Ensure that all VAT risks facing Farfetch are managed to limit any potential financial loss.
- Be the main point of contact on VAT related queries from the Finance team and business lines (Farfetch.com, Browns, Fashion Concierge, New Guards Group, etc)
- Build constructive relationships with tax authorities to ensure that Farfetch is clearly understood and to ensure the Group pays the correct amount of tax in each country.
- Develop, mentor and support the VAT team and take responsibility for their career development.
Who you are
- Professional qualification is an advantage, CTA, or equivalent
- Previous experience managerial role or previous consulting experience
- Previous experience across EU & UK VAT matters
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial organisation undergoing tremendous growth, demonstrating the ability to work with ambiguity and showing adaptability in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively project management multiple strategic initiatives, and able to manage competing priorities to ensure delivery of the most critical tasks within appropriate timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail, good judgement showing logical data-based decision making, and a hands-on approach
- The ability to work under tight deadlines, managing multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) whilst retaining integrity and attention to detail
We’re here to change the way you work
You’ll have your own reasons for wanting flexibility. We have ours too.