Developer Relations - Product Manager
Codat are looking for a Product Manager to own Developer Relations. Developers are at the forefront of how our clients consume our product and we have thus far had a mix of product managers and our own developers managing that experience. We have realised it is time to invest in treating developers as a user group in themselves and recruit for a Technical product manager who will be the evangelist for all things developer relations.
Developer relations is hugely important to Codat and is at the forefront of leading us on a successful path to focusing on serving our developer audience in the right way.
What we do at Codat
Codat is a fast-growing technology company headquartered in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our product is a universal API for small business financial data.
We build developer-friendly infrastructure that gives businesses the ability to create their own next-generation products without sacrificing time to market. We are well-funded with a large and growing number of enterprise and fintech clients.
We’ve most recently received a $10 million investment from Index Ventures, a leading global venture capital firm to help power our growth with a focus on expansion into the US. We were also awarded a £5m grant from the RBS Capability and Innovation Fund last year.
What you will be doing
Developers are at the forefront of how our clients consume our product and we have thus far had a mix of product managers and our own developers managing that experience. We have realised it is time to invest in treating developers as a user group in themselves and recruit for a Technical product manager who will be the evangelist for all things developer relations.
Developer relations is hugely important to Codat and is at the forefront of leading us on a successful path to focusing on serving our developer audience in the right way. You will cover:
- The onboarding experience for developers
- Interaction with the Codat API
- New features of the API
- Management of the roadmap for the Codat API
- Work closely with the Codat engineering function to understand the developer relations and set the precedent for what this needs to look like
You will re-imagine the developer experience for Codat, enabling feature rich functionality and making sure our client developers have all of the tools they need to seamlessly use Codat. You will have the ability to:
- Set the strategy, objectives and roadmap for developer relations in Codat
- Plan for how we manage the API across our clients from updates to the API through to issues we experience
- Lead on the market research for developer relations without being told to i.e. be a self-starter to understanding this user group
- Be the guiding light for sales on your customer segment by educating them on how to approach developer first clients
- You can clearly articulate the benefits of your product to existing customers and prospects as to why Codat is better than the competition
- You lead with an evidence based approach when communicating to stakeholders on anything to do with developer relations and the Codat product set (i.e. backed up by market research or internal data)
- You understand how your existing customer base is using your product and how we can make it better for them
- You can input into the commercial aspects of the product such as pricing and revenue model if you need to (backed by market research)
- You own the Codat API and are responsible for interfacing with the rest of the product team (who each own a customer segment themselves) to understand what their segments developer relations needs to look like
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- You have previously worked as a developer for several years
- You have had experience building an API before
- Taken requirements directly from customers rather than a product team
- Worked in or aspire to work in an API based product function
- You have managed or followed a product roadmap and helped guide the build of a product before in some capacity, e.g. as part of an agile delivery team
- Understanding of basic product concepts such as roadmapping, product problem statement descriptions and what product toolkits are required to build new functionality from ideation through to market launch
- Translation of business requirements into technical requirements and vice versa where necessary for example, describing the benefits of a new technical product feature to sales
- Experience conducting or being a part of conducting customer interviews and user testing and feeding this back into the product build where necessary
- Experience working on the various stages of product release cycles
- Experience working with feedback loops with your customers or with a product team
- Relationship management both internally and externally. You must know how to manage all levels of stakeholders from a customer perspective as well as your colleagues
- Experience creating a business case for a product or project in your previous organisation to "sell" the need for it internally
- Most importantly - you are passionate about developer relations and want to be an evangelist for the experience of developers interacting with our product
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Accounting integration made simple
301 Ink Rooms, 28 Easton Street, Farringdon