Codat are looking for a QA Engineer to join their growing team in London at a very exciting time.
What we do at Codat
Codat is a fast-growing technology company headquartered in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our product is a universal API for small business financial data.
We build developer-friendly infrastructure that gives businesses the ability to create their own next-generation products without sacrificing time to market. We are well-funded with a large and growing number of enterprise and fintech clients.
We’ve most recently received a $10 million investment from Index Ventures, a leading global venture capital firm to help power our growth with a focus on expansion into the US. We were also awarded a £5m grant from the RBS Capability and Innovation Fund last year.
What you will be doing
We're looking for a talented and enthusiastic QA engineer to join our growing team and partner with our software engineers to ensure we deliver great quality software to our clients.
You will work in one of our tech teams with 3-4 software engineers and become an expert in that team’s area of the system so that you can drive standards, improve and maintain the quality of work items going into sprints and reduce regressions introduced with new functionality.
You’ll collaborate with our product team and engineers to make sure that new functionality is well documented and understood through things like acceptance criteria, test plans/cases and regression packs. Our focus will always be to have as much automated test coverage as possible but you’ll need to be confident doing exploratory, manual testing on new areas of the system as they’re developed.
As you might imagine, a lot of our teams work with accounting data but you don’t need to be an accounting whizz - as long as you’re interested and enthusiastic about it, we can teach you the ins and outs of invoices, balance sheets and cash flow statements!
We use C#, SpecFlow and Selenium for our automated test packs and, being an API-first company, experience with tools like Postman or Insomnia are very useful for day-to-day testing.
Other technologies we use include Azure WebApps, WebJobs, Storage & SQL and our product is built in C# (.NET Core & Framework), ASP.NET, Angular and React. Any previous experience with these technologies would be an advantage, but it’s not a requirement for anyone who is happy to do some on-the-job, self-driven learning.
No matter what we’re doing - whether we’re speaking to customers, partners or to each other - we live by our values.
We believe in delivering useful technology that solves real problems for real businesses. We have a real want to do the stuff that isn't always “cool” but makes a difference.
We believe that the people in the best teams push and enable each other to excel. We’re united when we have each other’s backs - when something goes wrong, we don’t blame, we work together to fix it. We embrace differences of opinion to end up with better outcomes. We don’t let our egos win.
We believe that an unstoppable drive towards a single, clearly stated goal is the best way to build great things. We are biased towards action - we make informed decisions and then we act. There is no such thing as an impossible problem, just a great challenge to sink our teeth into.
What excites us
- You have several years' experience with automated testing and are comfortable creating, maintaining and managing automated C# test suites in an object-oriented codebase.
- You're able to review and challenge functional specifications for specificity and testability and design test suites for them.
- You're curious, a perfectionist and have tremendous attention to detail.
- You aren't afraid of, and won't grumble about, doing manual testing when it's necessary but you always bias towards building automation where it's appropriate.
- You enjoy learning new things with minimal guidance and sharing that knowledge with the rest of the team.
- You might have experience within a financial services environment.
- You're happy speaking up when something doesn't feel right. You might not be able to reproduce a bug yet, but you trust your instincts and can work with others to prove or disprove your suspicions and then raise clear, concise bugs if necessary.
- You love the sense of satisfaction when you're able to work things out for yourself by piecing together existing knowledge and previous experience.
About the company
Accounting integration made simple
301 Ink Rooms, 28 Easton Street, Farringdon