Product Sub-Editor - Farfetch Platform Solutions
Working with a multitude of varied luxury fashion clients, you will need to switch between TOV styles fluidly and competently with a keen eye for detail. The role will also be responsible for ensuring the size, fit and fabric compositions are correct for each item.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We are a diverse, dynamic, global team of content creators, dedicated to communicating the Farfetch message to our customer. From catalogue management and product data, to size & fit solutions and localisation, the Content umbrella manages end to end content and asset creation, creating a unique luxury experience, found only on Farfetch.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
Reporting into the Farfetch Platform Solutions Product Editor, the purpose of the Sub-Editor is to ensure all Farfetch Platform Solutions product descriptions (technical details and styling tips) are on-brand, accurate and free from all grammatical and spelling mistakes. Working with a multitude of varied luxury fashion clients, you will need to switch between TOV styles fluidly and competently with a keen eye for detail. The role will also be responsible for ensuring the size, fit and fabric compositions are correct for each item.
Every day will provide a new opportunity and the workload will become increasingly varied as the Farfetch Platform Solutions team expands its reach.
Flexibility, tenacity and a collaborative attitude are essential for this new role. You will be experienced working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally, this would have been a sub-editing role within luxury fashion or e-commerce.
What you'll do
- Ensure fashion product descriptions are accurate, concise and informative, flagging and addressing issues; this covers styling tips and all technical details
- Responsible for sub-editing all product copy according to house style; working to tight daily deadlines to check accuracy of copy against images, as well grammar, spelling and formatting
- Maintain quality of content on product pages with regular quality checks
- Carry out monthly quality reporting, checking core teamwork and feeding this back to the team
- Own the house style glossaries ensuring they are up to date and that the team is aware of any changes
- Deliver constructive feedback to writer in the team
- Assist the Product Editor with ad hoc projects as required
Who you are
- You have a strong proofreading and subbing background in a fashion e-commerce environment
- Experience within luxury retail, with a sound knowledge of luxury fashion, designers and brands
- Degree in English: preferably First-Class Honours
- Confident and experienced in adapting to different TOV guidelines
- Competent using different content management systems
- Able to showcase a good understanding of garment and accessory construction
- Commitment to deliver first-class work every time, with very strong attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient user of Excel
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and will be highly self-motivated and passionate about the Farfetch Platform Solutions brand and our clients
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street