Senior Data Scientist (ML, Pricing)
Farfetch are looking for a Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning, Pricing. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, willing to own complex projects from start to finish and ensure their delivery. This will require working with engineering teams to productionise and integrate data science solutions with the relevant internal business products.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
Commercial & Sustainability
We're partnering with global brands and the most influential and renowned boutique curators to bring our customers an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality. We’re relationship builders, we’re solution finders and we’re analysts. We work with all areas of the Farfetch business to improve our social and environmental impact while delivering business success. We want to empower our consumers to buy better, improve our operational footprint, and explore new business models that improve our impact.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
About the Role
We want to optimise, automate, and test our pricing actions on over 300,000 products on the Farfetch marketplace. As the largest luxury fashion platform we work with over 3000 brand and boutique partners giving us an unrivaled breadth of stock, this creates a wide range of data science opportunities to make an impact by optimising our pricing strategy.
In particular, we are seeking to optimise the price over the life cycle of our products, predict competitor pricing, leverage pricing to improve loyalty amongst high-value clients, and build out an experimentation framework for pricing initiatives. The objective is to be able to optimise, measure, and adapt our pricing strategy in an automated way aligned with business needs.
We are a pragmatic team and pick whatever technique is appropriate for the task at hand (including but not limited to Deep Learning, Gradient Boosting, Graph Modelling, Recommender Systems, etc), keeping an eye to what is happening in academia and in the industry to stay on top of recent developments. We work in Python running on a Kubernetes cluster in Google Cloud.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, willing to own complex projects from start to finish and ensure their delivery. This will require working with engineering teams to productionise and integrate data science solutions with the relevant internal business products.
What you will do:
- Design and develop state of the art ML algorithms focusing in particular on pricing optimisation;
- Design and implement experimentation around pricing initiatives to measure impact on business KPIs and retrieve data for model building;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to integrate ML algorithms into our back-end or connect them to third-party tools;
- Support the design and scoping of new Data Science Products, working with business stakeholders to identify key areas of potential growth for the company;
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
Who you are:
- You have a MSc or PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline.
- You have relevant industry experience in a Machine Learning, Data Science or Advanced Analytics role. Exposure to pricing problems is a plus but not strictly required.
- Experience in Python software development (ideally on production-grade code, including code reviews, agile development, version control etc) and familiar with ML/scientific packages (e.g. Pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, gensim, keras, TensorFlow, PyMC3, PyStan, nltk, spacy);
- You have experience in using state of the art ML techniques in a business setting, such as Bayesian modeling, neural networks, graph ML, reinforcement learning etc, or a keen interest to learn.
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street