Content Sub Editor - Arabic
Working to the company’s brand guidelines and tone of voice within a large multi-lingual team, you will be responsible for the delivery of all Arabic copy onsite, App and other channels to the highest standards. You will be also responsible for the smooth operations of all flat content updates and revamp.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We are a diverse, dynamic, global team of content creators, dedicated to communicating the Farfetch message to our customer. From catalogue management and product data, to size & fit solutions and localisation, the Content umbrella manages end to end content and asset creation, creating a unique luxury experience, found only on Farfetch.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
About the Role:
You will join a progressive and innovative Content Production team. This is a wide scope role involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team does. You’ll focus on the delivery of ‘revolutionary’ content, and work across the many departments to support all functions within the Linguistic Services Team.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines and tone of voice within a large multi-lingual team, you will be responsible for the delivery of all Arabic copy onsite, App and other channels to the highest standards. You will be also responsible for the smooth operations of all flat content updates and revamp. You are expected to be proactive and give regular feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of quality and a better customer experience.
You will have some experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, ideally within a translation, copywriting and editorial roles. A linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What you'll do
- The proofing process of all emails, as well as communicating deadlines and verifying completion of projects in coordination with the Project Manager/Coordinator.
- The layout proofing of the app and providing feedback and updates accordingly.
- Proofing Homepages in Preview environment as well as the layout check after they are set live.
- Subbing all pages on internal CMSs and setting them live.
- Subbing and signing-off all editorial copy on our CAT tool (XTM), as well as verifying the content on Coremedia.
- Work with the Supervisor to verify ToV documents and updating them.
- Make sure the translation memory is free of errors and updates are occurring on a regular basis.
- Producing copy that corresponds to the industry standards, after supporting the research on competitors and the overall luxury content that sits on fashion channels.
- Reviewing the Flat Pages, subbing and setting live.
- Subbing CRM content on XTM and verifying quality.
- Subbing UI copy, as well as auditing the existing copy and implementing updates.
- The Sub-Editor is the final person responsible for the attribution list and its maintenance.
- Continuous updating and adjusting the Tone of Voice based on data.
Who you are
- You are fluent in Arabic (native level) and English.
- You have the knowledge and love for fashion from high-end designers to cutting-edge street style.
- You have an engaging, accurate and adaptable writing style, with impeccable grammar.
- You are familiar with UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and/or Lebanese dialects.
- You are familiar with designers, brands, styles, culture and trends for MENA demographics.
- You have a strong understanding of garment and accessory construction.
- You have meticulous attention to details.
- You have the ability to work independently and collaboration with others.
- You have the ability to multitask and work to agreed daily targets and tight deadlines.
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS.
- You have experience in editorial magazines or blogs within the luxury fashion industry.
- You have experience with Term-Management and CAT tools.
- You have experience with working in localization projects for e-commerce websites, preferably luxury fashion retail.
Are you interested?
Want to get in touch? Contact us
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street