Lead Data Scientist - Marketing
Farfetch are looking for a Lead Data Scientist - Marketing. You’ll help us to achieve our aims through a talented team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning/ Data Engineers and drive our efforts to use Machine Learning to support marketing automation.
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global technology platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We’re a diverse team of Marketing professionals, spanning artistic and scientific expertise. We’re driven to amaze our global community of customers through our data-driven approach, revolutionary spirit, test and learn culture and collaborative style. All for the love of fashion.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. We have large open plan spaces and a feature staircase connecting our 3 floors, encouraging our collaborative and open culture. We also have a big outdoor terrace where we can have lunch and host social events when the sun comes out!
We’re on a mission to automate Marketing operations; leveraging our understanding of customers to improve the way we communicate with them across multiple channels.
As the largest luxury fashion platform, our marketing effort spans billions of data points and millions of customers. In particular, we are working towards optimising our marketing mix, improving its reach and effectiveness and making sure that low-cost channels (e.g. SEO, emails, push notifications) are fully developed to deliver the maximum value to the business - whilst still using other channels (e.g. Retargeting, Paid Social) to reach other pools of customers.
We are a pragmatic team and pick whatever technique is appropriate for the task at hand (including but not limited to Deep Learning, Gradient Boosting, Graph Modelling, Recommender Systems, etc), keeping an eye on what is happening in academia and in the industry to stay on top of recent developments. We work in Python running on a Kubernetes cluster in Google Cloud.
You’ll help us to achieve all this through a talented team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning/ Data Engineers and drive our efforts to use Machine Learning to support marketing automation.
What you'll do
- Design and develop state of the art algorithms focusing in particular on customer behavioural models and marketing automation/optimisation
- Collaborate with the engineering team to integrate machine learning (ML) algorithms into our backend or connect them to third-party tools
- Support the design and scoping of new Data Science Products, working with business stakeholders to identify key areas of potential growth for the company
- Lead, coach, and grow a team of talented data scientists and engineers to deliver value
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience driven by Marketing and automate Marketing processes
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts
Who you are
- You have a MSc or PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline.
- You have relevant industry experience in a Machine Learning, Data Science or Advanced Analytics role, ideally with exposure to Marketing problems
- Experience in Python software development (ideally on production-grade code, including code reviews, agile development, version control etc), ideally managing or working closely with Data or Machine Learning Engineers.
- Familiarity with ML/scientific packages (e.g. Pandas, numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, gensim, keras, TensorFlow, PyMC3, PyStan, nltk, spacy)
- You have experience in using state of the art ML techniques in a business setting, such as Bayesian modeling, neural networks, graph ML, reinforcement learning etc
- Previous experience in owning complex projects; ideally experience in leading a Data Science team; Interest and passion for big data and cloud technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- You have experience in Agile development processes (Scrum/Kanban) and you understand best practices needed to bring projects to production.
- Driven to achieve results and take accountability.
- A creative, proactive problem solver who deals effectively with change and ambiguity.
- You have a growth mindset and thrive in a creative, fast paced environment
- Work collaboratively – you recognise the value and responsibility of working in a team and seek to maintain and build effective relationships.
About the company
Shop the World
211 Old Street